DUMB THINGS You Thought as a Kid

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Our daughter thought that people on the TV could see you. I found this out when I asked why she was talking to the television!
Apparently an elderly lady that my grandmother knew believed this when she first got a tv, and used to get dressed up as if she was going to a play.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know the movie with the clown who spits blood out of the drains? Thats stuck to my head!! (my mother loves to watch horror movies) and untill this day im still scared of them
so its not just a kid thing i swear!

yobabsyo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My first few weeks of kindergarten i thought my parents didn't make me go to school on saturday & sunday. I later found out that all the kids got those days off

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Does anyone know the movie with the clown who spits blood out of the drains? Thats stuck to my head!! (my mother loves to watch horror movies) and untill this day im still scared of them
so its not just a kid thing i swear!
Stephen King's IT

babytobee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fats McGee

This is my cousin's fault: It was xmas or thanksgiving and we had ham and my cousin told me that it was the pigs butt and the bone was the butthole and I never ever ate ham again. True story.
Paahahaha... rediculous...

My dad told me that cashews weren't actually nuts but they were all the left over nut pieces smashed into a nut shape. I totally believed that until about 2 years ago when I first ate cashews around my boyfriend and he looked at me like I was crazy when I told him.

There are a bunch of others. I'll post them as I remember...

~Amy

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These are hilarious - the Anti-Christ thing still has me cracking up!

I used to think that all moms were 3 years younger than dads because my mom - surprise, surprise - is 3 years younger than my dad. As it turns out, my husband thought that he would have to marry someone 1.5 years younger than him because that's the age gap between his parents.

candlemaven

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Great thread!

When I was little, I had taken the saying that God makes each one of us unique quite literally. I must have been 4 or 5, and I ended up having to take a bath with one of my little friends after playing all day at her house. Imagine my surprise when we both had to strip and get into the tub:
Hey! You have the same kind of pee-pee as me!

I also thought I was the only one who could tell when a traffic light would turn green (by watching the light of the opposing traffic turn yellow, etc.). I do remember being in the car with my mother and saying "I bet you don't know when it's going to be our turn, huh? Huh?" And she played along a few times, but finally when she called me on my "knowledge," I was heartbroken.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I used to think that mom gave birth to dad, that he was her kid too, that we were ALL her kids.

I used to think that, with posters of people or animals or whatever, the eyes would actually be watching you. Mostly I believed that spies had installed cameras behind the eyes and were documenting my every move.

I also believed stuffed animals could come alive. I'd treat all my toys nicely and politely just because I didn't want to think of the idea of them all hanging out while I'm gone and making fun of me. I still treat them nicely, lol

I used to think that when I got that ringing sound in my ears, it was either satellite feedback or a message from aliens in space, so I'd stop and start talking to the ringing (talking in my head, lol)

I used to believe if you drew on yourself with permanent marker, it would literally be permanent.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aussie_Dog

I used to think that when I got that ringing sound in my ears, it was either satellite feedback or a message from aliens in space, so I'd stop and start talking to the ringing (talking in my head, lol)
Well in that case, can you please ask the aliens to stop calling me, I'm not answering and the ringing is getting annoying!

When I was young I used to think that if you were beautiful enough and someone came in your bedroom at night to kidnap you, they would change their minds....so I used to try to pose as I fell asleep.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmmm I used to think it was impossible to get pregnant if you werent married. Imagine my shock when my 17 year old sister got pregnant!

I thought that babies came out of the belly button when they were born.

I was CONVINCED that if I swallowed enough apple seeds I would grow an apple tree inside me and I would never be hungry. I ate tons of them.

I thought that the second you smoked/were done with your first cigarette you would drop dead. Then I saw a man smoke 2 right in front of me and realized that wasnt true.

I thought that dogs and cats where the same thing just different breeds.

hmm thats all I can think of right now.

bengalsmum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used to constantly think i was pregnant as a kid because my tum was so round even thugh i was like 7 yrs old or something, i also thought god would have put the baby in my tummy!

I used to sit and watch out out the window (on christmas eve) to see if i could see santa in the sky, I was 10 yrs old and i had been told he wasnt real!
I think i still wanted to believe it.

I thought if i pressed my head against the hot radiator it would fool my mum into thinking i had a temp and could stay off school, funnily enough it never worked!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Quill_luv

I thought that if you unscrewed your bellybutton your bum would fall off, so I never, EVER poked anyone!
**snorts** That is the funniest thing I have ever read.

My husband used to lie awake at night when he was a kid, worrying that he might be the anti-christ, and just didn't know it yet.
Actually, so is that.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I tried the Marry Poppins thing too... and believed it until my umbrella flipped one day.
So, as I was walking to class today w/ my giant golf umbrella the wind began to pick up and for a split second I believe that I could use an unbrella to fly again. LOL

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol...when I was a child one house we lived in was on the border of new mexico and el paso texas...so over our fence was new mexico...my sister and I thought it was mexico...and we thought illegal immigrants would jump over our fence..lol one time we kicked a ball over the fence...so we went to school telling our friends that we kicked a ball over to mexico..lol

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alaynna

lol...when I was a child one house we lived in was on the border of new mexico and el paso texas...so over our fence was new mexico...my sister and I thought it was mexico...and we thought illegal immigrants would jump over our fence..lol one time we kicked a ball over the fence...so we went to school telling our friends that we kicked a ball over to mexico..lol
that is too funny