Dull Coat. What Helps?

Wonderfulcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We just bought a different type of cat food and all the cats like it.

One of our cats, however, has a very dull coat now. It usually feels like silk when I pet her but now it's more like touching the carpet. She doesn't seem bothered by this but does someone have a good advice for a dull coat. Fish perhaps?

I hope you understand what I mean. English isn't my first language.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Fish oil or Omega 3 in general is a good coat supplement. An easy way to add it in is once a week give your cats some anchoives or sardines (water packed with minimal added salt, rinse first if salt added). Most cats like the treat and it packs a nutritional punch. Alternatively, you can purchase a fish oil and mix some in with their meals.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Your English is very good :)

I had good luck with my cat's coat and skin becoming less matted and less dry and flaky, with adding some salmon and tuna filets to his diet now and then, that are made by Fancy Feast. I don't know if you have that available to you, but yes, an oily fish should help :)

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. All of the above - and, try regular bushings. That will bring out the natural oils from his skin and help to make his coat shinier and softer.

I love your Avatar by the way!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wonderfulcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for the quick responses. :)

We have herring and mackerel in the freezer.
Fancy feast, I'm not sure I've heard about that before.

I know she would love to be brushed some more. :)

Thank you, FeebysOwner. It's a paw of each of my cats. I made it in Microsoft Paint (as I didn't expect them to want to sit still like that for a photo)