Duck hearts

wolcar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I finally built up the nerve and thawed out the duck hearts for my boys. They absolutely loved them. Gus was growling while he the them. I love when he does that. I also liked how they could just be scooped up. I made sure to portion out the liquid as well.

Are there any concerns regarding the duck hearts I should keep in mind? They are considered a muscle meat, correct? My boys really loved them.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feed hearts 3 - 4x a week as the meat portion of the meal. They're high in taurine, which is great. The only thing to consider would be they're nutrition dense, so somewhat caloric - if you feed a lot of them, they may gain a little weight. ;)

Aww...... I'm so glad you worked up the nerve - and were SO well rewarded for it! :clap: :clap: :clap: But yeah, being able to just scoop them should make it easier. :hugs:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wolcar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yea, they've been in the freezer for a while, lol. I actually portioned them out with slightly less ounces than they normally get so that's good since they're calorie dense.

It's so nice to see them enjoying their food like that:D

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hearts make a nice meal and seems like most animals love them, my cat and ferrets had some duck hearts for breakfast today actually.   I usually chop up liver and make them a meal together several times a week.