Dry Kitten Food?

horcrux7190

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there everyone i am feeding dry food to my kitten charlie he is persian/siamese bred and its all going good so far he is around 3.5 months old and i got him when he was 2.5 months old but i have very limited dry food brands available in my country so i want to ask which one do you think is the best one...the ones available in my country are

1-currently feeding him Wahre liebe(chicken and turkey flavor)(german brand it has 38% protein and 20% fat content)
2- Reflex chicken flavor(Reflex Kitten Food Chicken – PetsOne.pk)
3-nutragold holistic kitten(NutraGold Holistic Kitten - 1 KG – PetsOne.pk)
4-royal canin kitten food(Royal Canin Persian Kitten Food – PetsOne.pk)
5-bonnie kitten food(Bonnie Kitten Food – Chicken – PetsOne.pk)
6-farmina matisse kitten(Farmina Matisse Kitten – PetsOne.pk)
7- whiskas dry kitten food.

kindly help me in this regard thanks in advance :)

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That last one, crazy kitten, ingredient list looks the best to me. The Farmina might be slightly better then the one you are feeding. Otherwise, the one you are feeding is a decent option.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

horcrux7190

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That last one, crazy kitten, ingredient list looks the best to me. The Farmina might be slightly better then the one you are feeding. Otherwise, the one you are feeding is a decent option.
thanks for the reply and this is how he looks at around 3 months 10 days i think
u think he looks healthy?

horcrux7190

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
also reason i am looking for good food is sometimes his stools are like umm 70 percent well formed and last 30 percent is like soft formed not totally watery but soft like cow dung....but if i give it a break like feed him after 5 to 7 hours then his next stool is very well formed i think i might just be feeding him too much since he finished his 1.5kg dry food bag in around 15 to 17 days

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
what a lovely kitten - clear eyes and clean nose, he looks good in the photo!
Kittens need to eat a lot in order to provide fuel for all the growth that's going on :)
Can you give him a little boiled unseasoned chicken? and some cooked egg now and then?
I'm not a vet, but do you have access to plain pumpkin? The fiber could help a little with his stool.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He looks like an adorable little flame point and pretty healthy (alert clear eyes, body posture is attentive, ears look clean).

Kittens do eat a lot of food. An adult cat only needs 20-30 calories per pound, a growing kitten could eat up to 200 calories at their peak growth.

horcrux7190

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
what a lovely kitten - clear eyes and clean nose, he looks good in the photo!
Kittens need to eat a lot in order to provide fuel for all the growth that's going on :)
Can you give him a little boiled unseasoned chicken? and some cooked egg now and then?
I'm not a vet, but do you have access to plain pumpkin? The fiber could help a little with his stool.
thanks alot :) and yes i have access to boiled chicken and cooked egg too....how much would you recommend like full boiled egg per day i mean mixed with his food???and yes i can get plain pumpkin too

horcrux7190

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He looks like an adorable little flame point and pretty healthy (alert clear eyes, body posture is attentive, ears look clean).

Kittens do eat a lot of food. An adult cat only needs 20-30 calories per pound, a growing kitten could eat up to 200 calories at their peak growth.
thanks alot for the confirmation i am always worried if he is growing fine or his weight is good e.t.c :p and yeah he is kinda eating crazy these days always coming to me every 3 hours to feed him

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For the egg, I would say try a few tablespoons every two or three days or so.
You can experiment if you wanted to, --you can give some raw yolk, but the white needs to be cooked, so some people cook the white and add in the raw yolk to make a sloppy slurry.

Try a teaspoon of pumpkin (you can divide the pumpkin into ice trays or something like that, to freeze it so it will last longer).

You could also try goat milk.

horcrux7190

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
For the egg, I would say try a few tablespoons every two or three days or so.
You can experiment if you wanted to, --you can give some raw yolk, but the white needs to be cooked, so some people cook the white and add in the raw yolk to make a sloppy slurry.

Try a teaspoon of pumpkin (you can divide the pumpkin into ice trays or something like that, to freeze it so it will last longer).

You could also try goat milk.
oh okay i will try these remedies :) thanks alot though :)