Dry Food Recommendation

Jade Angel Pearce

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. I'm looking for dry food recommendations. I feed my 2 cats a diet of half dry food and half wet (very slowly making the change because of a fussy one). Right now they are eating wild calling wet food, turkey and chicken variations. Their current dry food is nature instinct limited ingredients turkey formula.

We switched to a limited ingredients diet because my one cat Tiny has been a noisy breather her whole life. She's never been bother by it or out of breath just a little noisy and the vet wasn't too bothered either. We did try changing to a food without fish and it seems like it has helped but not 100% Sure. After a lot of reading too I've discovered that fish isn't the best thing for them anyways.

Also after changing to a limited ingredients food both the cats were fine for a few months and then developed a lot of dandruff. I then changed to a new brand of limited ingredients cat food (performatrin ultra to nature instinct). Things got better but now they are full on dandruff again. They've never had these problems before the dry food change to limited ingredients. Tiny is also very very picky and will not eat any food that has had something added too it. Both her and Nala will not eat coconut oil. Tiny also will not eat anything with salmon or salmon oil. And they both willnjpt eat duck or rabbit.

I'm open to any recommendations for dry food. It's definitely a dietary thing since these problems were non-existant before do I'm not looking for topical treatments for the long term.

Thanks! :-D

maddies momma

TCS member, Crazy Cat Lady!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I find Authority from pet smart to be a very good brand. It has decent ingredients and they have different types like sensitive solutions and grain free. So you can pick whatever type suits you best. My cat did very well on it. Only downside is you can only get it at petsmart.

_spadekitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'd recommend Acana dry. I fed it to my cat when I first adopted him (he eats about 95% wet now) and it really improved his coat and stool (smell, size). Its not limited ingredient or anything but their foods have different "reigons" with different but similar proteins. For example, my cat was eating meadowlands which had proteins like chicken and turkey and such. Now he eats their six fish but only as snacks. He loves it and his coat is still super shiny, plush, and soft.

I'd also recommend Fromm Gold adult