Dry Food Advice For Picky Eater

malt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a very fussy little semi-feral, Autumn, who refuses to eat wet food. The only daily meal she'll accept is raw chicken necks... I've had her checked out for things that could cause this kind of food aversion, and there's nothing medical going on. The official diagnosis is that she's very fussy and just loves chicken necks.

She has 3 chicken necks a day, which the vet says she's doing well on (especially her teeth!), but understandably we're both concerned about it not being a very balanced diet. Autumn will eat a handful of dry food each day, which the vet says will be enough to make up for anything she's lacking in the chicken necks, but I should get a high-end brand to make the most out of her non-neck snacks. Right now she has a supermarket brand of dry food, which she used to find delicious but seems to be losing interest in.

Of course I expect I'll have to try her on several brands before I find one she'll eat, but I don't really know where to begin. I was hoping for some advice on which brands are good or if there are any I should avoid! Any key words I should look out for?

These are the brands I can get from my local supplier:

Dry Cat Food - For Small, Medium & Large Cats - Pet.co.nz

Thanks in advance!!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ziwi is a good food, but out of my 4 cats only one will eat it. all of my cats will eat the orijen, they especially love the Tundra flavor. orijen is always in my rotation. these two are the only foods on your link that i have tried.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None of my cats would eat Orijen.
I don't see anything in that catalog that I know my cats would faithfully eat though.
Be sure with anything you try, that you're familiar with the site's return policy. Many cats give their owners grief over higher end foods. The brand I use in the states only ended up costing me $45 for 12 lbs. When I'm on a budget I'll end up going with a different brand that's roughly $32 for 15 lbs.
I had this dog that wouldn't eat anything that was good for her, so I got her this crappy canned dog food and mixed her expensive kibble in with it. I went through so many brands of 2 lb bags of dog food, I lost count.