Dry cracked toe beans

dolceshmolce

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I haven’t posted on here in some time. My almost 1-year-old, Loki, has some pretty dry toe beans. He is an indoor kitty. I live in the Houston, TX area, so with this high humidity I don’t know that it would be caused by the air. My 3-year-old does not have this problem. Does anyone have experience with this or know why this might be?

Some things to note: Haven’t changed food recently. Have been using fresh step crystal litter for about 4 months now.

Attachments

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wonder if it could be the litter. I ended up stopping using that crystal litter because it’s like walking on glass. I figured if I didn’t like stepping on it, How’s it make their feet feel?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. You can also try massaging a bit of olive oil into the pads on a daily basis to see if that helps any. Just spend a minute or two petting your cat afterward to distract him long enough to allow the oil to be better absorbed into the pads.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Like people, some cats may just have normally dry skin. Unless the paw pads are cracked and / or bleeding, I wouldn't worry about it. There are paw ointments you could rub into the paw pads or try coconut oil or olive oil.