dry cat food

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Cna you get Pro pac or sensible choice where you are ... or evangers all of these are simple formulas not as rich but still good...
nope. this is what i found, besides the natural balance. i got maxcat, nature's recipe, & natural choice - 1 couple of cans of each. i'm going to try one of the others tonight. that's about all they had at Petco, except for the supermarket brands & the house brand. we have 2 pet stores here in town - Petco & PetSmart.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blue_copper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I finally found a store that sale some of the brands mentioned like Innova and Felidae. I find it amazing that itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s on the same street where the pet clinic is located. I have driven that street the only two times we went to the clinic, the reason I didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t see the store. I hope itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s not too pricey. On the website they donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t show prices and only list some brands they sale, and two on the list are Innova and Felidae, in case they only have these two, which of the two is better?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Blue_Copper

I finally found a store that sale some of the brands mentioned like Innova and Felidae. I find it amazing that itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s on the same street where the pet clinic is located. I have driven that street the only two times we went to the clinic, the reason I didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t see the store. I hope itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s not too pricey. On the website they donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t show prices and only list some brands they sale, and two on the list are Innova and Felidae, in case they only have these two, which of the two is better?
I havent had much luck with felidea cept for the chn and rice ... I do like Innova and since garlic is not in the food it is very good and my girls liked the wet ..

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

nope. this is what i found, besides the natural balance. i got maxcat, nature's recipe, & natural choice - 1 couple of cans of each. i'm going to try one of the others tonight. that's about all they had at Petco, except for the supermarket brands & the house brand. we have 2 pet stores here in town - Petco & PetSmart.
When you can get to petsmart try authority and look at blue spa... I have had the best luck with max cat wet thou the natural choice and natural balence seem to be richer...

baileynyc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i usually put just enough and when i see the bottom of the bowl i add a little more.......usually 2-3 times a day.........either me or my wife is usually home.......she is never on her own too much at one time..............

Robb, Steph, & Bailey

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Is there a Pet Supplies Plus store in your area? I have found that they carry more high quality food brands than PetsMart or Petco. I feed both my cat and dog Solid Gold and their coats have improved immensely. You may pay a little more now but in the long run it is worth it. Good luck!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I definitely like Felidae...I also like Cal Natural (even though I don't like the company that makes it for "human" reasons).

Laureen- Evenager's is available online at http://www.evangersdogfood.com Unfortunately, you can only buy cases, but I've never seen a cat not like this food and the formula is very simple. Have you tried getting them on wet food by using the Wysong Au Jus cans or the Evanger's game meats? It's just 100% meat...it would make a good supplement and maybe her little system would get used to wet?

baileynyc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We got Science Diet b/c the rescue group suggested it to us..........she seems to love it tho..............

blue_copper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I went to the spa for cats that I found in the Internet. They have Felidae, Innova, California Natural and Eagle something. The Innova 3lb cost $6.99, for me I think is ok, since I was spending 13 dollars per week on chicken. I didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t buy anything, the lady that works there is very nice and she gave me a sample of innova. Andy ate it as if it was Science Diet, but he did eat it.

blue_copper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sad but true, Andy didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t like Innova.
He didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t eat last night and didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t try it this morning. He only ate some yesterday morning, so I thought he liked it. But anyway, I had to give him his Scince Diet. I will let him try Felidae on Monday I hope he like it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You did mix the sample with the current dry ??
Some cats have simple taste...

I HAVE TOO strongly disagree that corn gluten is a bad ingrediant... it is a highly digestable protein... grd corn isnt very digestable and I dont like using it ..

blue_copper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When he first ate it, I didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t mix it, he just ate some and that was it. Again last night I didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t mix it and he didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t eat anything. This morning I mix it and he eat it, but I thought I did the wrong thing and threw it away and put new with just Since Diet. But I think he did notice something different because this afternoon he ate more then in the morning, or maybe itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s just my imagination. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m scared that he might think everything in the food has that stuff that he doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t like.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

I definitely like Felidae...I also like Cal Natural (even though I don't like the company that makes it for "human" reasons).

Laureen- Evenager's is available online at http://www.evangersdogfood.com Unfortunately, you can only buy cases, but I've never seen a cat not like this food and the formula is very simple. Have you tried getting them on wet food by using the Wysong Au Jus cans or the Evanger's game meats? It's just 100% meat...it would make a good supplement and maybe her little system would get used to wet?
Cable can do fine on friskies wet, no problems...she can't do 9 lives, fancy feast, natural balance or nature's choice. i'm not sure about the maxcat yet - Cable wasn't as interested in it as the others. i think she did better on it - more like the result i get w/friskies. i'd really like to find something Pixel will eat, but haven't yet. Pixel actually likes the fancy feast, but i can't feed that because Cable will eat the leftovers, the little pig! i might try the evanger's or wysong... but a case is a huge investment when Pixel may not even eat it. the other 2 will eat anything, just about!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's kinda funny to hear about kitties not liking food. I'm lucky, all my cats eat whatever I put in front of them. Except for wet food, which I have just started giving them a couple weeks ago. Sharky suggested using the Nutro pouches instead of canned to get my two picky girls used to it. I'm gonna try it tonight. I just picked up my first bag of Nutro adult. I can't wait to see the change it makes in them to be on a better food.