drop of bright red blood

gypssi66cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I have a five month old kitty named Rutger.  Today I picked him up, he farted and I put him down and noticed a drop of blood on floor.  I cleaned up his "area" and now Rutger seems fine.  He doesn't look sick, eating and drinking fine.  I have had him for three months.  I called the vet and they cannot get him in until next week.  I am a little freaked out because I have never seen/heard of this before.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was there any signs of blood on his 'area'? Blood is not normal, but at least bright red blood means it is near the surface and most likely not internal. Are his stools so hard he could have tore himself a little? I would definitely monitor him for more and to try to find out where it is coming from. Keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gypssi66cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just on his anus.  I am watching him so closely.  I feed him hard food (Iams) and a little soft food as well.  I will keep you updated.  Hopefully he just as a little tear.  Thank you for responding. 

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Obvbiously every case is different, however our kitty had that happen for years when she pooed.. I had asked the vet about it and in her case he wasn't concerned...beings it was on the outside of the poo, and in small amounts. Hope you find out good news.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gypssi66cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your reply. I am getting my kitten dewormed just in case. I am watching my Rutger like a hawk!:nod::