Drooling

MoonRockyMistyMuffin

I love cats but I'm not lonely
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_9375.JPG
My cat Rocky seems to drool when he is sleeping, and a lot when he is really happy. My other cats don't. I think it is normal but I just wanted to check.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure I've heard of drooling in cats being "normal" as a rule. What has your vet said about it at Rocky's last check-up?

I know when my kitty does her "push purr" kneading on a fuzzy blanket, she slobbers a bit from her suckling it (the blanket gets damp there). But that's not really drooling.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitty drools during cuddle time. I'm pretty sure he's fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonRockyMistyMuffin

Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure I've heard of drooling in cats being "normal" as a rule. What has your vet said about it at Rocky's last check-up?

I know when my kitty does her "push purr" kneading on a fuzzy blanket, she slobbers a bit from her suckling it (the blanket gets damp there). But that's not really drooling.
Thank you. We are thinking of tak

Thank you for mentioning it, since most people say it's normal. We asked my aunt, who is a vet and turns out Rocky has Gingivitis.

MoonRockyMistyMuffin

Young Cat
Purraise
Update:

Rocky most likely has gingivitis. He won't drink, only ate a tiny bit, and is hiding under a bed. We were palming on taking the kittens to the vet tomorrow but now we will be taking him instead.

MoonRockyMistyMuffin

Young Cat
Purraise
Update:
I feel so bad for him. I haven't seen him drink, and when he eats, it looks like it hurts him a lot. He drools a lot. He looks unhappy unless I pet him, but then he purrs. Yesterday he was hiding, like cats do when they're scared. We'll be taking him to the vet today though.

Attachments

fodder

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He will be a different cat once he has seen the vet. They will most like be able to sort it out pretty fast and with any luck he will be feeling fine before you know it.
I wish you both the best of luck. Happy vibes incoming.:vibes::vibes::vibes:

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my cat drools too when shes cuddling with me. but that does seem quite a bit so i would take him to the vet just to make sure its not something serious.

MoonRockyMistyMuffin

Young Cat
Purraise
Update:

We room Rocky to the vet and he does have gingivitis. On top of that, he has something else causing the drooling, and there are 3 possibilities. The first 2 are the most likely.
1. A tooth problem
2. An allergic reaction to something he ate
3. Upper Respiratory Infection (unlikely)

Attachments

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat drools at certain times but hugely if she's had zyrtec. For anyone giving an allergy med it can cause drooling.

In this case I'm thinking it's a tooth issue. Good vibes for getting this taken care of and kitty feeling better soon. :vibes: