Drool monster

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So Jackie started drooling a lot when happy over the last year…. At least at noticeable “I have been slimed” level. He likes to shake his head and fling drool. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Now he starts drooling in anticipation when I take off his harness and give him his daily ration of greenies dental. Neighbor pets him as I pet him? Drool city. He drools a little when I calmly pet him to but not as much.

⭐He has always drooled during evening binkie/blanket nursing time.

Is there anything I can do to reduce the drool a bit or do I just start carrying tissues to wipe his mouth?

Jackie nursing on his binkie & his latest picture for cat tax….. yes he has a 4 th of July bowtie 🤣

4EE66BFB-CDE4-4C10-A72E-BE54D2932678.jpeg

300D598B-08AD-46CD-8366-EF6D8825DD03.jpeg

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a handsome meezy (siamese)! As long as the drool isn't dental related, I'd say just bring a hanky! We had a cat that would drool a little during long pet sessions but rarely flingable! 😄

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both of our cats, Casper, the elder, and Elliot, the younger drool when they are being petted.
Casper does it only on occasion but Elliot does it almost every time.

If Elliot is sitting next to me when I pet him, he does it a lot less but, if he's laying in my lap, he'll put his head on my arm then, a minute later, there's cat shmoo all over my arm!

I just let him do it. I know that it means he's happy. Who doesn't love a happy cat?! ;)
Since I try to remember to wash up after petting animals, it doesn't matter. I'll wash the shmoo off, anyway.
For those times when I can't go to the kitchen or if I don't feel like getting up, just yet, a Kleenex will do the trick. ;)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my former cats, Genevieve, aka Bad Attitude, was a prolific drooler on those fairly rare occasions when she was happy. Best I can suggest is keep a towel handy.

tabbies 3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Make sure to have your cat checked out by a vet. My 9 year old calico started drooling and I that it was stress related since we adopted a 6 month old kitten and she was not happy about it. We kept them separated, but then I noticed that the drooling was getting worse. Called the Vet and they said to bring her in ASAP. Unfortunately, she was diagnosed with an aggressive form of oral cancer. I truly hope this isn't the case for your fur baby.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gabby only drools in the car and she is also panting because she is so scared/nervous. The crazy thing is she is only nervous and scared on the way to the vet.. when we put her back in the car to bring her home she is absolutely fine.. but you best believe on the way to the vet there is a lot of drool...