Drinking Out Of "water Bottle"

JTBanana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey Guys- Hoping someone can help me out on this one...One of my Maine Coon Kittens likes to play in their water bowl. I have tried everything imaginable to curb this behavior but to no luck. The issue was kicking it over - okay I can deal with that. Then came paw play in the water and then they go straight away to play in the litter box. Resulting in a huge mess. I've done some research of kittens/cats drinking out of a water bottle. Feedback and rec's is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS and congratulations on your gorgeous MCs. :welcomesign:

......ah, yes - MCs and water! My guy was really into water fun. He's 15 now and suddenly slowing down rapidly. Anyway, I recommend giving them a water fountain or running the sink at a trickle (note* wasting water is blasphemy here in CA) and locating it as far away from the litterbox as possible. MCs are a working breed with lots of energy and a high IQ (the Border Collies of the cat world) so they enjoy very vigorous play. For a wand toy, I like to use a retired fishing pole and attach a wand toy to that - it greatly expands the circle of play so the cats get across the room, full-bore dashes and amazing leaps into the air (it's also much easier on sore shoulders).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JTBanana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Yes, Bodhi the Brown Tabby is a little stinker! He is most def the instigator. Where as Elwood the White Tabby is Mr. Chill. Yes, I have done the fountain -the issue is the wet paws that create such a mess. Agreed, trickling water doesn't seem very ideal. I do greatly appreciate your feedback. They are the best!

JTBanana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes! That could work. Do you know by chance where you spotted that? I will def chk this out! Thank you Thank you!!!

JTBanana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, I think I may have figured this out. I put a little bit of their dry kibble in the water bowl. They try to eat the kibble and also then drink H20 @ the same time. They are happy and Mamma's happy. So far success no tipped bowls. Ha!