Drinking More Water Than Usual?

Binxandlily

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My two year old cat, Binx, has been eating a homemade raw diet for about 2 months now. I previously fed him rad cat and his water intake was very low - I hardly ever saw him drinking from his bowl. Within the last week I've noticed him drinking from it a few times a day, and I have to refill it every night for him. I'm concerned because I know raw fed cats normally do not drink water often, if at all.

The recipe I followed was the following: Original Raw Cat Food Recipe

He has not had a check up at the vet recently aside from a quick weigh in when he got his shots updated. Should I schedule a visit?

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A vet check for kidney function might not be a bad idea. It may be nothing though, or something simple like warmer summer weather. My senior drinks a little water and the kitten never drinks any. I make a fairly "dry" raw mix too.

Having blood work/urinalysis tests done would ease your mind.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks like the equivalent of how much water goes into my recipe. I work for 2 cats and put 7 cups into the mix for the month and even still we add water to their portions every day. I don't usually see the boys drinking from the fountains or they do it on the fly. The girls do every day because they are on kibble.
what orange&white orange&white said
Could be seasonal or run some tests to ease your mind.