Dried Blood Three Days After Being Spayed

SChiasson18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a three month old kitten that got spayed on Monday. She has had a cone on since then but the last two days we have noticed dried blood around the insision site. Her cone came off last night so she licked it clean but tonight there was more. Both times we’ve checked the blood has been dry and there’s no drips or anything. Is this normal? She is still running around and jumping on everything

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Does it look open? She might have pulled a stitch with the running and jumping... it has been several days though so it should be pretty much healed and her stitches dissolving.. I would keep an eye on it and if it looks like it is red/swollen/warm/infected I would take her back to the vet that did it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SChiasson18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
C47AD154-B415-40D5-8B95-137D3B48DF09.jpeg
This is what it looks like if it helps, it looks closed, but I’m just worried because they closed it with glue and I don’t want her to rip it open

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks OK to me---some crustiness is normal---but there's a lot we can't see in pictures so if you think anything is wrong it doesn't hurt to have the vet take a look. Some clinics will let you text/email a picture in for the vet to look at, although again there's the problem of not being able to really see what's happening.