Dreaming About Your Cats?

Stinky15

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have you ever dreamt about your cat(s)?
I did once, it was really strange. I dreamed I was dead and I could see him eating my fingers. I had this dream not long after I took him in and I startled him while sleeping with me and caused him to scratch my hand pretty bad.
Anybody else?

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I probably do but I've heard somewhere that to remember a dream you have to wake whilst having it. So, I can't recall any up to now. I'm a bit of a worrier so I would like to have happy cat dreams but they could be horrible ones as well so I don't want any of those.
By the way, what was it like being dead in your dream?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Stinky15

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I probably do but I've heard somewhere that to remember a dream you have to wake whilst having it. So, I can't recall any up to now. I'm a bit of a worrier so I would like to have happy cat dreams but they could be horrible ones as well so I don't want any of those.
By the way, what was it like being dead in your dream?
It was like I was in bed sleeping and woke up yo him eating my fingers. Don't know how I knew I was dead!

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking about your question and it occurred to me that I very rarely dream about my cats. That's strange because they are such a huge part of my life.
I do dream about cats that have passed away. Those dreams are happy ones of just petting them or hanging out with them. I like to think it is them stopping by for a visit.:)

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Every time I have dreams about my pets they're awful dreams. Like the wildfires spreading to my area and my cat breaking out of her carrier while I'm trying to evacuate them, or the house being on fire and she keeps hiding in smaller and smaller spots and she won't let me catch her. It's never good dreams so I wish I could just never dream about them.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I usually have bad dreams about my cats, if I do dream about them. Nightmare things, like my cat getting hurt or sick or bit by poisonous spiders, lol. Better to leave those things in dreams only, and have a happy waking life with them! I think it's in dreams we often work through our fears or worries.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember having a dream where we adopted another ginger kitten though we had to give it to a friend because Toffee didn't like it as it looked too much like him. Apart from that, I can't remember any other dreams :biggrin:

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do remember a dream I had once despite me saying I hadn't.
I went to a big house with my cats and I think I was there to buy another one. My cats roamed about the place and there was a few other cats and people milling about. It was all crazy and mixed up with me being in one room then being in another without walking there. It made perfect sense in the dream of course.
I'm not trying to be morbid but I also remember being dead in a dream. I was stood up and everything went black as I fell to the floor. I remember thinking 'I'm dead,' then I woke up. It wasn't particularly scary though.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to dream about my late cat, Lotje, with whom I spent more than 20 years together.
I never dreamed about Missy - at least not that I'm aware of.
I dream regularly about having a dog, though I don't have one right now. I hope to adopt a dog after retirement.