Dreaded Pee Pee In Bed

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poor guy (n me) he wee'd in my bed (urine/full), I enzyme cleaned, I loved him n groomed n cuddled. He ate a meal n hopped in bed n started to wee near me feet. I pushed him off bed n got dirty look but within ten mins. he used LB.
Unneutered male (fix coming ASAP), rescue, been inside about 20 days.
1. I had added some stupid rocky type litter 2. I had a plastic liner in his 2 pans 3. I had been arguing with my mom, which is where I'm living, about him and I really think he was marking me.
I changed bedding so that the top cover is a plastic tablecloth, he still had his pillow n was welcome up near my head, I removed the chunky litter and got softer stuff and removed plastic. He's only peed in LB now. He gets a uti chew, I used 50/50 apple cider vinegar with mother to wash him down so he would lick some cuz I can't go to vet today plus he never strains in LB, he pees full size urine clump the size of a small fist, he eats wet with water n watered down Cat Sip. Got Feliway spray but he did pee on bed after that so it's not great but fixing LB's n making bed unattractive helped. No potty elsewhere. I know he's trying to say something...hard to know what it is but can't wait to get him fixed...he could be 2 n was probably dumped by someone so I'm sure he's insecure. He gets lotsa love n grooming but playing is limited as he's kinda interested. I'm with him a lot but during the week he's alone about 4-6 hours.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It does sound to me as if he is just marking you and your bed as HIS, and that it is from insecurity. Not to be unexpected, given his history! I bet that getting him neutered, and him learning that he is safe with you will take care of this! Do mention the pee issue to the vet, there may be a UTI starting but not so bad yet. So far, you are doing all the right things.

Here are a couple of articles that might help you along the way!

How To Solve Litterbox Problems In Cats: The Ultimate Guide
Six Surefire Strategies To Reduce Stress In Cats
Spraying: When Your Cat Uses Urine To Mark Territory
The 10 Most Common Litterbox Mistakes Cat Owners Make
How To Help A New Cat Adjust To Your Home
The Five Golden Rules To Bringing An Outdoor Cat Inside

OK, so there are more than a couple, but I'm so excited at what you are doing for this poor, abandoned cat that I really want everything to go very well for both of you! Keep us posted on how he is doing! What's his name?