Dragging Around Ribbon Toy And Constantly Meowing

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mika use to do this before I noticed she was really sick and she's started to do it again. I don't know what it really means and because it came on before when she was just getting really sick, it's making me nervous.
She literally drags the ribbon toy around with her and constantly mews or meows while she does it. They sound kind of desperate? I've noticed it's a throat meow because she does it with the toy in her mouth.
Is she just really wanting to play? She brings the ribbon toy with her everywhere basically now. In bed, to eat, around the house. I do play with her with it but that only satiates her for like an hour.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats do make those kind of noises when they are playing pretend hunting. So carrying her “prey” and yowling could be normal and it sounds to me like she is trying to encourage you to play with her. It might just be coincidental that she was doing it before and had some medical stuff going on at the same time. But if you are concerned it couldn’t hurt to have the vet check her out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cats do make those kind of noises when they are playing pretend hunting. So carrying her “prey” and yowling could be normal and it sounds to me like she is trying to encourage you to play with her. It might just be coincidental that she was doing it before and had some medical stuff going on at the same time. But if you are concerned it couldn’t hurt to have the vet check her out.
That's funny you say that because she actually did this and jumped up on my bed with it in her mouth but she saw a squirrel outside the window and instantly dropped the toy and rushed over to the window all stealth like. She sat there as flat against the bed as she could watching that squirrel. I'll take it as a sign that she's actually feeling better and this is more "normal" for her.