Door Scratching

bluebirdy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my cat incessantly scratches a door by the head of my bed from 2-5am. It leads to a hallway to my shared laundry and a large utility/storage room belonging to the landlord. The cats get out into the hallway/storage room when iso laundry as I can’t shoo them away from the door while carrying baskets of laundry in/out. My female isn’t the issue, it’s my male. He’s also an outside door dasher who is up climbing fences and ladders if I’m not careful.

I get very miserable very quickly without sleep, and the other tenants daughters room is nearby where he scratches (the landlord upstairs can hear it when he does it during the day as it is so loud)

My male is about 18 months and is generally very loving and cuddly. He loves to play with toys, particularly da bird. He also a bit overweight. My place is very small. It’s one bedroom that my son sleeps in. He closes his room at night as the cats wake him up too much. My ‘bedroom’ is a Murphy bed in the living room. The cats also crawl on me periodically through the night, but it’s really the door scratching that is driving me batty. They have a couple different cat trees, a cat cave and a few different scratchers. The house is also set up that they can climb onto the top of my Murphy bed and they ha e their own catgrass planter. The place is obviously small and they were used to a two bedroom trailer where we lived before.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bluebirdy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
*bump*

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

bluebirdy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I hissed at him everytime he does it and that worked for about a week. Then I would snap my fingers and he would crawl into bed but that would only last for 30 mins or so. I'm going to buy some double sided tape and cover the door tomorrow and see if that helps. He also tries to open the doorknob.

The other tenants might kill me if I can't get this fixed.