Don't you hate it when...

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
.. you're talking to someone who you are socially friendly (like through work or something, not really friends) and suddenly they say something about their pets that makes you just flinch?

I liked this woman enough to go chat with her at business BBQ type things. As I chatted with her she asks about my rescue work, and then mentions that she has lost 2 cats in the past two months. To her credit, she seemed quite upset. But she proceeds to tell me that one got hit by a car, and the other "started getting really strange, bad hairball things, and then went outside and never came back."

Ugh. I liked her more before that convo.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I guess it was more scary because she was talking about why she wouldn't adopt one of my kittens. Which at least saved me from explaining why I wouldn't adopt out one of my kittens to her.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yup, know what you mean. I try to keep be open to people, but whenever I find out someone doesn't like cats, there's a big black X against their name in my mind!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, and worse - why the
would someone tell you an unpleasant story about an animal upon finding out that you have cats?! Seriously, if someone just told me they have a 3 year old daughter, would I gone on to say "oh, did you hear about that little girl who got killed blah blah blah...."

zazi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
oh man.... those "cat just disappeared" people really get to me. i really get very irritated with those people. how is it not obvious that cats get sick and need medication just like people do?? i just don't get those people who think - oh... cats, they can take care of themselves. they all come with their own lifetime supply of invisible antibiotics, furball remedy and emergency mice for when times get tough.

urgh... i just want to strangle those people or tell them to go back to the stone age!!