Don't Know What's Wrong.

Mintjewel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I recently adopted a kitten and took him to the Vet today. The vet did the standard tests, stool sample, temperature check, flea comb over and he had a little bit of a fever and infection and was giving a anti-inflammatory shot and another shot for the infection and a liquid medication to combat the infection(Haven't started on the med yet, decided to do that tomorrow). However after the visit I've noticed my kitten has seemed to be pooping little bits of poo. Not in his litter box, just whenever. He was laying on my bed dozing when I noticed a bit of poo, thought it was when he didn't clean his bum after going in the box and cleaned his bum with a wet paper towel. Same thing occurred later, he's doing normal stuff like lying around or sitting or playing and a little bit of poo would be on his bum. While he was sleeping, I checked and sure enough he seemed to be pooping a little piece of poo. In the weeks I've had him, he's never done this. Is it normal or should I take him to the vet again?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No, it isn't normal. But neither is it necessarily an emergency First, call the vet and explain what is going on, and then go from there. It could be from the infection, or...did they worm him? Could be from that. The vet will know better.

Best of luck with your kitten, and welcome to TCS! Please go over to "New Cats on the Block" and introduce yourselves! We'd love to get to know you both. Pictures are ALWAYS welcome, and...what is your kitten's name?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mintjewel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! Called my vet and he said it was a side effect of the shot he gave him! And his name is Kona! (After the coffee.^^)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, GOOD! See, it is almost always simple. But regardless, we're here! I'm looking forward to hearing more about Kona as he grows and thrives with you.