Doll Faced Persian?

GeoDjay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know he doesn't look like the show quality Persian cat, but can he be considered a doll faced Persian or "pet quality" Persian?
IMG_3178.PNG

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He's a cutie! Yeah, I think he looks like a doll face Persian. If he doesn't have a pedigree, he would still be considered a blue Domestic Longhair.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GeoDjay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I agree; he's really very cute. I'm wondering what eye color he would end up with as a blue Persian. Perhaps copper?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, copper to be on-standard for coat and eye color.

KatsPurrrsians

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He looks like he'll either have yellow or green. I'm not sure about standard, as I don't show. He's a precious doll face! Those big beautiful eyes and thick luxurious coat give his breed away ;)

Did you get him from a breeder? Just curious.

Last edited:

GeoDjay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the replies. :)

katspurrrsians, no, but I might get him from the breeder. He's capturing my heart.

KatsPurrrsians

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the replies. :)

katspurrrsians, no, but I might get him from the breeder. He's capturing my heart.
If the price is right and he's UTD on shots and worming, I'd definitely love to have him! But Blues have a special place in my heart :think:. Does he have papers? Or his parents?

GeoDjay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If the price is right and he's UTD on shots and worming, I'd definitely love to have him! But Blues have a special place in my heart :think:. Does he have papers? Or his parents?
At the moment I don't know about the shots and worming, but I'm almost sure that he has papers. I will absolutely double check and make sure everything is right before buying him.

GeoDjay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also be sure that the breeder tests for Polycystic Kidney Disease and that both parents are negative (PKD is autosomal dominant), this is important.
Yes, I will as I'm aware of that. I suppose I should've been clearer instead of saying "everything is right". Your attention is much appreciated.

KatsPurrrsians

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do let us know if you get him. He's beautiful :)! If he's got papers stating he's persian, then yes, he's considered a doll face persian... and a beautiful one at that!!! He's got the perfect proportions (eyes, nose, fur, head size, coby body, etc ) to be considered a beautiful blue doll face boy. I'm excited for you!!!

Last edited:

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is a very handsome pet quality Persian, if he has registration papers. I also agree about the PKD testing, but ask for a copy of it - not just if the parents have been tested. I fear some people are not on the up and up and would not be truthful.
Also be sure that the breeder tests for Polycystic Kidney Disease and that both parents are negative (PKD is autosomal dominant), this is important.

GeoDjay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update: Due to some issues- which I do not wish to dwell upon (nothing to worry about though)- I, disheartened, did not end up buying him. I do wish he finds a loving home and lives a wonderful life.