Doing My First Instacart On Friday

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They like the mackarel and sardines I gave them. Nothing like Pepper who snubbed fish of all kinds But yes, it is a treat.

I have a question though. How long does unopened wet cat food last? I have a/c so it's not sitting outside in the heat and humidity? I ask because I have like a total of 30 cans of cat food fish and was thinking of feeding to them once a week. If it doesn't last long I can do 2 cans a week.
Unopened canned cat food can last for years. Most are printed 2 years from date of manufacturing, but those are Best By dates and as long as they have been stored in a climate controlled area (like a home with AC) they can theoretically last much longer than the Best By dates.

I always have at least 3 to 6 months worth of canned cat food on hand.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Unopened canned cat food can last for years. Most are printed 2 years from date of manufacturing, but those are Best By dates and as long as they have been stored in a climate controlled area (like a home with AC) they can theoretically last much longer than the Best By dates.

I always have at least 3 to 6 months worth of canned cat food on hand.
Thanks again. That's helps me a lot then. :)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I should think so. Usually there is a Best by date on the can, and most of them seem to be a year out at least
Thanks. I never even noticed the best buy dates on the cans before. You think I would I notice it on human food.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Here they are eating the mackarel and sardines can I got them. I had to wind up putting on a flat plate as I think the bowl sometimes bothers them. And why I set out two of those bowls and they insist on eating out of same bowl at the same time is beyond me.

received_486019781966415.jpeg

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice! I will say them eating from the same bowl has always amused and I interested me. It’s so odd and cute!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Shaman and Treasure are mad at me. I dropped something loud earlier. They’re not even running Noobs 1 off And they’re right in front of the garage in plain sight of Noobs.