dogs keep attacking my cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kat003

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can lend you greg 21 pounds and arnold 23 pounds for a day. They each separately attacked a 100 lb plus burmese mountain dog. They hate dogs. Arnold twice ran a fox out of our yard. I think they can help right the balance....very quickly.

Seriously you must STOP this abuse......ASAP.

View attachment 372416
Beautiful cats. I think I need some like these to teach them a lesson.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the dogs cant be trained quickly, you might have to consider rehoming the cat to where it will be safe and happy.

kat003

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If the dogs cant be trained quickly, you might have to consider rehoming the cat to where it will be safe and happy.
Oh man, she was surrendered by her previous owners already. I have taken to the suggestion to keep her in my room where they can't get her. I will be speaking to my parents about teaching them and disciplining them. I don't think I can give her up because emotionally I get attached to things pretty easily.. and that's including her. I am going through my own rough patch right now and like i said I don't think I would be able to cope with that. I hope things will start working out for me and her.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh man, she was surrendered by her previous owners already. I have taken to the suggestion to keep her in my room where they can't get her. I will be speaking to my parents about teaching them and disciplining them. I don't think I can give her up because emotionally I get attached to things pretty easily.. and that's including her. I am going through my own rough patch right now and like i said I don't think I would be able to cope with that. I hope things will start working out for me and her.
You stick with your plan. :vibes::vibes::hangin::goodluck::goodluck:

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ultimately it has to be about what is best for the cat. She is helpless and depends on you. The dogs will continue to terrorize her unless some thing changes. She may soon develop health issues and start spraying to mark her territory. The fact that she hasnt already shows what a gentle soul she is.

kat003

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ultimately it has to be about what is best for the cat. She is helpless and depends on you. The dogs will continue to terrorize her unless some thing changes. She may soon develop health issues and start spraying to mark her territory. The fact that she hasnt already shows what a gentle soul she is.
I will try my absolute best to not let it happen anymore. I love my baby like a child and she loves me too, and is obviously very attached to me. I personally think this issue can be fixed without a rehoming and will continue to update how it goes. Thank you for your opinions. I appreciate them but don't think that would be the best. She is showing signs of separation anxiety, so if i rehome her I don't think she could handle it. She is at peace in my room and the dogs are away. Like I said I will be talking to my parents and have already mentioned it.

debby593853

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Remember to catify your room! I keep my cat in my room for similar reasons (family leaves food out, doors open - they're elderly) and have been doing this for probably over a year now. Harness walks are a great option as well for added stimulation.

kat003

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Remember to catify your room! I keep my cat in my room for similar reasons (family leaves food out, doors open - they're elderly) and have been doing this for probably over a year now. Harness walks are a great option as well for added stimulation.
Have already loaded it with toys and moved all her stuff in. I will probably consider getting a cat tree soon. I have some cardboard scratching things for her to scratch. Plenty of windows for her to look out and enjoy!!! I hope she likes it as much as i do, my room is my safe place. I hope to be able to also take her on more walks soon :)

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I have know a number of elderly people who moved to facilities which allowed a pet and saw their cats (or smaller dogs) happily adjust to living in one room. This cat will be fine with you in a safe and protected place.

kat003

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have know a number of elderly people who moved to facilities which allowed a pet and saw their cats (or smaller dogs) happily adjust to living in one room. This cat will be fine with you in a safe and protected place.
She is in my room now and doesn't seem to mind getting my undivided attention :)

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I will try my absolute best to not let it happen anymore. I love my baby like a child and she loves me too, and is obviously very attached to me. I personally think this issue can be fixed without a rehoming and will continue to update how it goes. Thank you for your opinions. I appreciate them but don't think that would be the best. She is showing signs of separation anxiety, so if i rehome her I don't think she could handle it. She is at peace in my room and the dogs are away. Like I said I will be talking to my parents and have already mentioned it.

I am of a different mind here and believe that she will need more than just one room to spend her life in. Is there anyway you or your father could build her a outdoor cattery? You could purchase a used large dog kennel and turn that into an outside playroom for her.

kat003

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am of a different mind here and believe that she will need more than just one room to spend her life in. Is there anyway you or your father could build her a outdoor cattery? You could purchase a used large dog kennel and turn that into an outside playroom for her.
I mean my room is actually 2 rooms together is has a lot of space. We have plenty of open land and yard and I'm sure we could do something like that

kat003

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She loves you and loves the attention and safety that you are giving her.
Thank you, I have been getting a lot of different opinions. I think she's enjoying it, she loves getting cuddles but hates it when i leave her. I want to do the best for her.

AMITHIS

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your concern everyone, I will be moving her into my room only for now and try to have a talk with my parents.
If your parents happen to sleep with the dogs in their room at night, perhaps you could keep her safe closed in your room during the day but let her have the run of the house at night?

kat003

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If your parents happen to sleep with the dogs in their room at night, perhaps you could keep her safe closed in your room during the day but let her have the run of the house at night?
They don't but that is a very good idea, we also have 2 other cats that are out and about during the day and night.