Doesn't every house have .....?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a one piece:
That's what mine looks like.
@neely
The front door of that house had a doorbell that was hand cranked.
My grandmother had a doorbell like that on her back door. It was an old Victorian house with apron porches. The doorbell was round and in the middle of the door. You turned a lever in the middle like a key to made it ring.

Her house was electrified long after it was built, so the switches were buttons you pushed. There was a cord that swung to the ceiling with a lone electric bulb hanging from it. Talk about the spooky shadows it created.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 Maybe the house was used during the war to be like a rooming house. My Grandmother did that to bring in extra income. The extra bedroom was occupied by a couple from France until the war ended. When meals were ready she just rang a handbell but a buzzer or push button bell would have been handy.
The older computers looked so cool!
Yes. Dumbwaiters were like chimneys! Old houses are interesting but don’t exactly meet modern building codes!
Three TV stations? We did too. That was enough for us back then though. Lol
I have a neighbor who still uses an antennae!

DreamerRose DreamerRose I remember the lights that hung from cords! I also remember that some had an outlet on the side to plug in other things. :eek: