Does your human give an official name to every toy you play with?!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meow there!! :Chat Noir:

How's the zoomies going today? :dash:

Does your human mom or dad name ALL of your cat toys?

I want to lick all my hair off trying to remember all of the names given to my cat toys by my humans!

For meow's sake, most of them are mice and balls! Why do they need names? Da Bird deserves its own name, but sheesh! There is Lulu and Beulah, Mr. Doodles and Mr. Bun, Roscoe, Georgina, Fred, Rattle Ball, Christmas Kickie, Bonkers, Mouse, Scratch, Mincemeat, Whoa!, Mukluks, I could go on and on. Apparently, my human mom has had cats for 30 years and she's named toys for all of my feline predecessors, too.

Even just this dumb mouse has the name, "The Most Interesting Mouse in the World" --

What are some of the names your humans have given to YOUR toys???

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Indy: For me, everything is a toy! I really like making people squeal like monkeys by biting their necks and hair.

Kabby: Don't listen to her she's nuts. Our owner doesn't call our toys anything really just toys oh and biting people or me is never allowed. I think she might be part vampire... She even bites my neck!

mrbreezeet1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine calls the Lazer light the "thing" and I know what it. Means, and go hide behind something to ambush it when he says it.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Charlie: my human names all of my toys. I don't think Abyeb should get so attached to my toys... I just shred them! My wind-up mouse is named Skedaddles. My plastic springs are named "springie thingies". Silly human.

kalebkat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kaleb : I don't pay much attention. I just want my hooman to know what they are, where they are, and that they are *mine* But I think she usually just takes note of what the toy itself is called on the package, so that she can share that with me and everyone else. PPPffft I don't care, just let me bite it !

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Makena: My sister Lilia and I have 25 - 30 toys laying all around the house. Little soft mice in different colors, corks, balls, rubber lizards, feathery things, balled up bits of paper, etc, etc

Only one of our toys ever got a name; it was a hard rubber ball with little stubby spikes. I liked it because it made a fun noise when it rolled - I always used to play with it in the hall near the bathroom. Late one night dad got up to use the bathroom and he stepped on it and called it that "@#$% *&% #?>! cat toy" Mom said it was a "nice" toy and pointed out that it was one of my favorites. A few nights later Mom got up to use the bathroom and she stepped on it too. At first mom made a noise like a cat with a door slammed on its tail, then she called the toy a "@#$% *&% #?>! cat toy"

My @#$% *&% #?>! cat toy somehow got lost after that, but I found a new toy in the hall, this one is a soft ball that makes a crinkly noise when I bat it.

I never did figure out what happened to my @#$% *&% #?>! cat toy. But should you find it accidentally one night on your way to bathroom, I know I will hear you yell out its name.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Reminds me of those Legos in the hallway. Hector would pick the Legos out of the bin and leave them lying in the staircase and hallway where they stayed when not in use.

I remember stepping on them in bare feet and falling down the stairs.

mrbreezeet1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine calls the Lazer light the "thing" and I know what it. Means, and go hide behind something to ambush it when he says it.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
she was so funny yesterday, I had her banana box standing on it'd side to give me more room in the "Kitchen" and I asked if she "wanted the thing" and she start looking around.
I rattled it on the desk, and she jumped in the box, It was like her "Fort"
everytime the light went past, she reached her paw out to grab it.
I should have videoed it.
Cleopatra has also learned to take treats out of my hand.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton - I have my human trained, i.e. I don't use a name I just go up to each toy and bat it around until the human gets the idea. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snorgel!
Milly-christmasToy.jpg

Milly says: I can't wait to get him out of my Christmas stocking!