Does your cat wake you in the morning?

creepyowl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Emmett usually starts to bug me around 5am since my alarm is set for 5:30 it isn't that bad. The bad part is how me wakes me up. He jumps on the bed and head butts me right in the face. I know one morning he'll break my nose, becasue he butts me hard.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to the club. Dexter & Sadie are my furry alarm clocks. I have never been allowed to sleep past 6AM...in 5 years. Maybe you should get a nose guard.

Lei

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before I adopted Izzie, Charlotte would wake me up about the time alarm would go off. She'd jump onto the bed and give me a quick lick. BUT... Izzie has taken over the job and simply meows loudly in my face!! I love my kitty alarm clock. She is fairly consistent with when I need to wake up.

salem cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Jack usually sleeps up against my legs all night, but as soon as it turns light out, he comes up and lays on my pillow, pushing my head off. I've learned, because it's my favorite pillow and cant sleep on anything else, to have another pillow right next to the wall, so when he does this I get the other pillow for him(and pretend my head is on it for a minute) and he goes to sleep happy again.

mrandmrsbrummet

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Clovis/Fresno CA; orginally from Sacramento
Well my husband and I have an interesting situation. I work the graveyard shift and he works swing, so when I get home about 9-10 am, they are all fast asleep UNTIL I creep into bed. One of my cats, Spike will immeditley jump on the bed and yowl in my ear. Even with ear plugs he still won't stop until I pet him. He ends up waking my husband up as well, and so we have a "morning" ritual of him yowling in my ear.

nancy

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fred will start by standing on me in the most painful spot he can find. I will push him off and hug him to try to get him to stop bugging me for a little while. It usually does not work. I go back to sleep for a little while after the first round. He gives me about 45 minutes before the second round. Then when poor Scooter just cannot wait any longer before starving to death, he will pull out my earplug and SCREAM in my ear.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooo...maybe it's a good thing my kitties can't sleep with me. Tiger and Glory used to come rub on my nose when they wanted me to get up when I lived at home (and before they passed on.) Glory would also tap on the door to make a knocking sound as it rattled. That was usually the 'cue' I got several times in the middle of each and every night to let her in/out. Occasionally accompined by meows. I would love to hear that sound again.

boxedfish

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh yes, ariel wakes me up everyday around 4 am!!! she start to nimble my legs just to wake me up!!!

elizwithcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Creepyowl

Emmett usually starts to bug me around 5am since my alarm is set for 5:30 it isn't that bad. The bad part is how me wakes me up. He jumps on the bed and head butts me right in the face. I know one morning he'll break my nose, becasue he butts me hard.
My Scaredy is insane. He head butts me and jumps and walks on me. He is pretty heavy cat too. The rest of the day he is scared of me, though.
He is a crazy one, that's for sure.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah. Sunday doesn't, she just sleeps and sleeps until I get up. But Sashka and Cairo will hop right up onto the bed, walk up my body (they don't seem to be able to just walk on the bed) and yowl right in my face until I'm awake and petting. Ignoring does not work. Resistance is futile. Princess will get under the covers and headbutt you and lick your face until you are up. Darling things, ain't they??

mrcatguy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yep, Fat Cat always wakes me up by jumping on my butt or on my stomach when I'm sleeping like around 7 o clock in the morning.

piety

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Zoe tends to give the inside of my arm a few licks (which, with a rough kitty tongue on a very sensitive area, wakes me right up), but this Saturday morning she decided to jump on my back and knead my shoulders. I gotta tell ya -- it was a really nice massage. If I could train her to do that, I'd never need a real massage again!

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ivo starts her morning wake-up dance when it starts getting light out. She'll jump on the bed, walk around me a few times and jump off. That progresses to charging full-speed into the room, stopping and crying loudly, charging back out to the apartment door and yelling

darcifinn

Jax & Audie
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Finn and Darci wake me but not for food, they just want attention - they come purring and snuggling. I love my sleep but I cant turn them down - they are still kittens.

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How's this? Our Shadow learned how to pull the chains of the wall hung lights on either side of our bed and would come in, pull the lights on and go running all over, then turn them off, on again, and again til we woke up! Sheesh!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Larke

How's this? Our Shadow learned how to pull the chains of the wall hung lights on either side of our bed and would come in, pull the lights on and go running all over, then turn them off, on again, and again til we woke up! Sheesh!

Sashka does that with the blinds! She will smack the cord for the blinds around until one of us has to physically get up and swat her away, and then, well, we're up, aren't we? So it's food time...

If you make the mistake of ignoring her she comes right up to your face and yells until you get up anyway.

ellie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Buddie wakes me up every morning at 4 AM to feed him. He kneads whatever body part that is sticking out from the covers. At first he is real gentle, but the longer it takes to wake me up the deeper the claws go in.

taffygirl_2005

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Taffy sleeps on my bed in the morning and she wakes me up around 6 am to get fed and she'll jump on the furniture and meow constantly. She is a meower anyways but when it comes to feeding she won't quit. She's also like that when she wants to go outside too. She's very demanding. lol

stlgrl5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
MY cat Glimmer loves to jump up on me and start licking my face and then she will lay on my chest and let me tell you she isn't skinny either!

foxyfantastica

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat, Theo, wakes like a baby during the night, and often cries out in his sleep for some reason. He wakes me around about 2am and then at about 5am, for food, fuss or just for me to be awake. He does so by sitting next to my face and staring at me intently until i wake up. It works, and it still freaks me out!