Does your cat like music?

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Theo runs over and lays in front of the subwoofer when I play certain music. he is a "Dead Head" because he LOVES Greatful Dead. LOL His fav is "Operator" but "Truckin'" will get him going too
He also stretches he paws out and grabs the speaker when he hears a part he especially likes. I would video but, YT would flag any video with copyright music in it...pics will have to do.
DSCN8288.JPG

DSCN8290.JPG

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Theo runs over and lays in front of the subwoofer when I play certain music. he is a "Dead Head" because he LOVES Greatful Dead. LOL His fav is "Operator" but "Truckin'" will get him going too
He also stretches he paws out and grabs the speaker when he hears a part he especially likes.
LoL...Theo is adorable!
What an amazing cat! :)

(My older cousin is a big Grateful Dead and Phish fan, so I have heard some songs...but never know the titles.
Not sure if I've ever heard 'Operator'. I'll have to find it online.)

I know you will hate me for asking this, but I have to. Please don't take offense, since I don't mean anything bad by it. :blush:
"Has your cat, Theo, the 'Dead Head cat music lover', ...been...ummm...getting into any 'cat nip'?? hahaha. :clover:
"Because that second photo sure looks like he's enjoying the music." :lol:

Seriously, GaryT GaryT ....those are awesome photos. :thumbsup:

I wish my cats would enjoy 'dance music' but they don't. They run away.
I got a really short clip
Let's see if it gets flagged. It is REALLY short!
I am Rofl....rolling on floor laughing, here. :crackup:
Theo actually looks like he's trying to play the keyboards in this short video clip.
Or he's a behind the scenes 'soundman', 'roadie'....or 'stagehand'...umm 'stage paws'.

Is it me, or does he have a resemblance to some of the band members?
He is amazing. ☺

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LoL...Theo is adorable!
What an amazing cat! :)

(My older cousin is a big Grateful Dead and Phish fan, so I have heard some songs...but never know the titles.
Not sure if I've ever heard 'Operator'. I'll have to find it online.)

I know you will hate me for asking this, but I have to. Please don't take offense, since I don't mean anything bad by it. :blush:
"Has your cat, Theo, the 'Dead Head cat music lover', ...been...ummm...getting into any 'cat nip'?? hahaha. :clover:
"Because that second photo sure looks like he's enjoying the music." :lol:

Seriously, GaryT GaryT ....those are awesome photos. :thumbsup:

I wish my cats would enjoy 'dance music' but they don't. They run away.

I am Rofl....rolling on floor laughing, here. :crackup:
Theo actually looks like he's trying to play the keyboards in this short video clip.
Or he's a behind the scenes 'soundman', 'roadie'....or 'stagehand'...umm 'stage paws'.

Is it me, or does he have a resemblance to some of the band members?
He is amazing. ☺
No catnip. He was off somewhere and when I put the music on, he comes running and does as you see in the pics & video. He is by FAR the absolute neatest cat I have ever had in 40 odd years! (I'm 64) He has an amazing personality and talks to me all the time. :lol::runningcat:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are music haters. They run whenever I play my tuba.
Ahhh... V vince ...I'm hoping that you play the tuba...really, really, well...and your cats are not 'commenting' on your playing abilities. :musicnote:

(My dog gets scared when I play the guitar...and the female cat will run away too.
I think it's because I am a beginner, ...and it must sound awful...to their ears. :eek2: 🎸 )

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats hate music. Harrison, the wild raccoon, however loves it, especially The Beatles, hence his name. :)
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf ...I could understand your cats not liking the 'later Beatles stuff'....but not the early songs.
Harrison sounds like a character. As long as he is not stealing the cat food, and dunking it in water, while listening to the Beatles...then I guess it's okay.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf ...I could understand your cats not liking the 'later Beatles stuff'....but not the early songs.
Harrison sounds like a character. As long as he is not stealing the cat food, and dunking it in water, while listening to the Beatles...then I guess it's okay.
Oh he does that too but the cats don't seem to mind him. He's like the honorary cat in the colony as I've seen him eat with the cats. lol But Harrison is considerate and has found many items I lost in the backyard (even years ago) that he brings to the door for me. And once when he knocked my one cam over he set it back upright.

My cats hate all kinds of music. They don't even like that Music For Cats the so called cat expert musician put out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It is so funny. He was just at the foot of the stairs and when I started the music, he sat for a moment and then made a cute bob of his head he ran over to the speaker and did what is seen in the photos and video. I wish I could capture the whole thing on video but, YT would flag any video with more than a few seconds of copyright music....maybe I will try an simply remove sound. He is so cute to watch!
DSCN8296.JPG

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toffee and Fudge like music and classical music was part of the techniques I used to tame them when they were kittens as they were from a semi-feral background. We were watching an old Slade concert on TV the other week, and Toffee was fixated!