Does your cat hog your bed?

kingallyone

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello . Yes our cats love our bed . Out of the 6 the 4 boys sleep on our bed 2 down at our feet mainly laying on them the other 2 is up top one on the pillow and the other some times under the sheet loves the heat he does. The 2 girls sleep in our sons room as the 4 boys wants to play some times with the older girl some times and it cause,s a wee wee bit of trouble when we get wake up with them so they sleep in our son,s room at his feet on the bed. Bye for now Kingallyone

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
YES! Atticus will immediately move into Glen's spot if he moves or gets up for a second. Its funny actually lol

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous kitty!!

My cats don't hog my bed. First, I won't let them. If I want to or need to change positions, I shoo them, then get into bed and then they settle where they want. Second, they know they can't get away with it.

Abby has her special spots; her favourite being on the right side of the bed up near the pillow.  Her second favourite is on the same side, but at the foot of the bed.

Katie doesn't sleep in bed with me; she will come for quick cuddles and then she goes into the bathroom and sleeps in the sink.  Spencer likes to either sleep right on top of me or on my left side when I'm laying on my side. If I'm laying on my back he will sometimes sleep at the foot of the bed, in the living room on the back of the loveseat, or under the bed.

Now, when I'm not in bed that is a different thing! I sometimes go in and all 3 are laying there in various spots.  But they all move when they see me approaching the bed.  Only Abby gets excited about me getting into bed because that is her special cuddle time both at night and in the morning.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He did last night and as claws don't retract, can be painful painful. .

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh boy, can I relate to this thread............

Well lately Krissy has decided rather than spooning position with me, she wants on my pillow.

WELL.....do you think she would slink on up there around my head and get cozy?? NOOOOOO.....Krissy is Princess Krissy, she wants the entire pillow.

Almost scoots and adjusts herself as I sleep so that when I wake up, I am clinging to this little corner, kinked neck all day from this. She keeps doing it too.....

At first I thought oh nice, at least now I won't be pinned in with her on one side and Simone on the other, not wanting to disturb the sleeping beauties I have found myself doing rediculous acrobats in the attempt to use the bathroom during the night. I have fallen on the floor, I have pulled a leg muscle, I mean it's nuts.

The blankets are snug tight, can hardly flip over, the most recent time there I was pinned nice and snug, well who wants to disturb the girls? So I thought I could shimmy my way down past where they were and get up easily then..............um no. To sum it up rather than giving the entire visual, let's just say I ended up on the floor, broke my nail and just about peed on myself trying to get to the bathroom after a good 10 minutes of contortion positions.

What we won't do for our cats..............................

Last edited:

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When my kittens started sleeping with me, I put three beds at the base of the bed.  So this is what I see every night.  It's been great, they don't sleep between my legs or pin me in.    Their father (former stray Tom) is another story - that cat asks to go under the covers, spoons you and then uses your arm as a pillow.  If you flip over he will climb over and position himself exactly the same way. 

Last edited:

snugglecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Oh boy, can I relate to this thread............

Well lately Krissy has decided rather than spooning position with me, she wants on my pillow.

WELL.....do you think she would slink on up there around my head and get cozy?? NOOOOOO.....Krissy is Princess Krissy, she wants the entire pillow.

Almost scoots and adjusts herself as I sleep so that when I wake up, I am clinging to this little corner, kinked neck all day from this. She keeps doing it too.....

At first I thought oh nice, at least now I won't be pinned in with her on one side and Simone on the other, not wanting to disturb the sleeping beauties I have found myself doing rediculous acrobats in the attempt to use the bathroom during the night. I have fallen on the floor, I have pulled a leg muscle, I mean it's nuts.

The blankets are snug tight, can hardly flip over, the most recent time there I was pinned nice and snug, well who wants to disturb the girls? So I thought I could shimmy my way down past where they were and get up easily then..............um no. To sum it up rather than giving the entire visual, let's just say I ended up on the floor, broke my nail and just about peed on myself trying to get to the bathroom after a good 10 minutes of contortion positions.

What we won't do for our cats..............................

I could picture this and got a good chuckle.

khy-sa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine tries to.

But I'm not a placid sleeper - I toss and turn and kick on occasion - so she's learned that while I'm a pushover who lets her hog it all she wants when I'm awake, once I fall asleep all bets are off.

triciarich

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Caboose is over 20 pounds so he takes up alot of bed.  He doesn't sleep beside me but when he's at the bottom of the (queen size) bed, he's stretched fully between my two body pillows.

Snoopy doesn't snuggle either but she will share the foot of the bed with Caboose.

Cookie is teenie and will curl up in my arms or tight against my back.