Does your cat have a favourite object that they're attached to?

bonobosoph

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just wondering, because my Sanjiv has a drinking straw fetish. Whenever there's a glass sitting around with a straw in, he'll daintilly pull it out and wrestle with it. He carries them round like a dog with a bone, so cute.

So, what kind of everyday object does you cat seem to like the most?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Casper has a "lovey".  It's a stuffed catnip banana.  He doesn't play with it anymore.  He just sits near it.  Or sort of on it.  No matter where it is on the floor.  It's like a comfort thing for him we think.  It probably doesn't even have a catnip odor right now, it's several months old and it isn't refillable. Sort of like Linus and his blanket I guess.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sugar carries around one of her collection of furry mice, particularly the squeaky one. It doesn't squeak anymore because she 'drowns' it about once a week in the water bowl.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bonobosoph

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wonder if she knows it's make believe or she really thinks she's carrying round immortal mice and she's forever trying to kill them. 

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As far as I know, she has never seen a real mouse.  All she knows is that they are fun to 'drown' and then drop on me so I will play fetch with her.

thetigerden

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My nose. 
 He will kiss it, lick it, nibble on it, gently paw at it, rub his cheeks against... And this happens before every nap. It's a wonder I'm not turning into a clown yet. 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

bonobosoph

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dawww. 

My kitty also has a thing for the laptop.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I see he manages to cover the whole keyboard.  Julie 'helps' me on the computer. She somehow managed to disable my digital video card today.

harleydiva

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I see he manages to cover the whole keyboard.  Julie 'helps' me on the computer. She somehow managed to disable my digital video card today.
He's much bigger now......totally covers the keyboard.  He has turned off the computer, typed stuff in the middle of my documents, constantly walks across the function keys and turns all kinds of stuff on and off.  Sometimes he screws it up so bad all I can do is reboot.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One cat loves books, anytime I try to read he comes and lays right on the book. The other has one particular blanket he loves. Whenever we pull it out he is right there, ready to knead and purr. It's colored just like him too, cream and yellow!

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's much bigger now......totally covers the keyboard.  He has turned off the computer, typed stuff in the middle of my documents, constantly walks across the function keys and turns all kinds of stuff on and off.  Sometimes he screws it up so bad all I can do is reboot.
It took me 9 hours and 4 re-installs of card and drivers to fix what she messed up in 5 seconds. Bless the cuddly little diva.

nikki9003

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Plastic anything. Even rubber bands. I had to go out to buy them pre- made kitty toy springs to give them plastic toys to play with and carry around. Soooo funny to see them attack it and then toss it again to run after it.