Does your cat do anything unusual when he/she is super happy?

twylasage

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, brand new and posting my first....

When my big baby boy Timothy is blissed out at being cuddled, talked to, whatever, I've been noticing that in addition to purring, squeezing his eyes, etc. he also tends to curl his tail around his body.  Most of the time it's straight with just the tip angled but when he's supremely happy, his tail tends to curl up, sometimes into the letter "O." Does anyone else's cat do that? Or anything else that that's unique?

redvelvetone

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
just his "blllrrrrrrp!" noise when he's happy / excited. he also tends to hop up in the air like a spring.

and he'll literally launch himself straight up in the air to slide down your leg with his body instead of just merely rubbing his face against your leg (this is reserved for meal times in particular).(so he jumps up off his back legs into the air and slides down your leg on the way back down)

He also rarely kneeds EXCEPT when for a magic hour in the morning when he comes to visit me in bed and kneeds next to my pillow or into my hair while purring (this is usually after I've fed him and gone back to bed to catch another hour's sleep).

And when he's really happy (like we just came home or something) he does a big stretch and scratches with his claws (hopefully on the scratching post!)

Last edited:

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All but Silly get the "happy tail"  bushed out like a raccoon.  I know it isn't fear because Sheba gets it when I give her atomic skritchies and mega-noogies.  She loves that.