Does Your Cat Cheat On You?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Fortunately my pets have always been loyal to me or maybe they just didn't like my S.O. as much. ;)

Wenda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So far Ares seems content to choose me...but really I have all the insider secrets (favorite treats, toys, and petting). Unfair to the ex-boyfriend, really. Then again when they get upset that you choose to spend the evening with your kitten instead of them after a 10 hour shift you know the relationship is doomed. It's funny how surprised they get when you tell them, "I choose the cat." Chased away a cat hating suitor that way too :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well,to be honest....my old man Jack(the cat in my avitar)most certainly loves my ex-girlfriend more. Not that he doesnt still come when i see or call him. But the second i stop petting him he goes to Kim's pillow and lays down,waiting for her to come to bed so he can crawl on top of her chest. He was my moms cat,so i am sure that in Jack's old age Kim has become my moms surrogate...and that makes me very happy.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Only when I'm not around. Rick has often said that when I don't come home from work at my normal time, Molli tends to start worrying. She'll walk around the house, meowing. And then she'll hop up on the kitchen table, walk over to Rick and start nuzzling his hand or arm. As soon as I pull up the driveway, Rick says she's gone. Like a flash, she'll run to the top of the steps and start meowing. "Mom's home!" And for the rest of the night, I am hers.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, my first cat picked out my hubby. She approved of him so much she'd roll in his dirty shirts like they were catnip!

These days, hubby's lap is fair game if I'm not home. But he says when I'm home it's all about mom. Even if they aren't in my lap, they are in the same room as me. And they won't go to bed until I do, no matter if it's midnight or 3 am.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rocket seems to love my brother. Which is just weird and disturbing because she doesn't seem to like people in general. Rockets focus is on her brothers first and me second and my Mom third. The rest of humanity is something to watch cautiously or make demands on when she needs something. But my brother moved in with us a few months back and she has bumped my Mom to fourth in favor of my brother. He doesn't even like animals and is indifferent to the boys. Rocket though he pays attention to and she's napped on his lap. She doesn't even nap on my Dads lap and shes lived with him for three years.

Link likes my Dad the best. They frequently fight over blankets at night according to my Dad. Since Link is 13 pounds of solid muscle and will lay on feet to prevent them moving he usually wins. :insertevillaugh:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both Toffee and Fudge prefer me to my mother. They'll usually only sit on her lap when mine is occupied or if I'm not sitting down. I'm not being cheated on just yet!

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
None of my pets cheat on me, not even the fish! My cat will tolerate pets from other people sometimes but she doesn't ever seek them out. She certainly won't cuddle with anyone else. My dog will cuddle with my family but I'm always his priority. My fish, even the less intelligent schoolers, won't come say hi to unfamiliar people.