Does this mean the cat's overheating?

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all, this house has six cats. There are two boys, Ra and Spot, three girls, Slipper, Asia, and Princess, and their mother. Earlier today (I keep the cats in the house for the heat of the day--we've been breaking triple digits BEFORE ten in the morning), I noticed Princess (the runt of the litter) doing something odd. She put her head under the lip of the water bowl, and pushed it across the floor. I watched, because she clearly had some kind of a plan--and she was trying to put the water bowl (still full of water, and without spilling a drop) under the mini desk we have for the computer. (It's where she keeps her stash of loot--toys, treats, stuff she doesn't want the other cats to play with, etc.) Does this mean she's hot and wants to have the cool water all to herself? 

seaturtle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What an intelligent cat! Maybe she is afraid the others will steal her water, since she is the runt?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may be the runt, but she's more than capable of holding her own against her siblings. They've never even tried to keep her away from food, water, or toys. (The cats just all have different toy stashing places.) Now, if it was Spot, then I'd understand, because I've had to interfere on multiple occasions to make sure he gets food (occasionally the others won't let him eat.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so funny.  thanks for the laugh.  Maybe you could give her a small dish of water to keep w/her toys.