Does This Look Like Someone Been Burning My Cat’s Tail To You?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’ve taken in 2 strays. One has been with me for about ten years and the other one going on 4. This one for some reason does not adjust well indoor. He cries nonstop and him looking out the window all the time breaks my heart.

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm glad he's doing ok now. That almost looks like that tar driveway sealant stuff. You would have probably been able to smell it though if it was that. The though that someone might have done this on purpose just pisses me off.

bear

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, he’s a stray. Keeping him in indoor indefinitely is kinda sad cuz he cries all the time wanting to be let out. I don’t want to but he’s used to being outdoor and do what cats do.
Lots of children cry, because they aren't allowed to chalk paint or play ball in the street.

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He’s not neutered. I rounded up 3 ferals a couple wks ago and got them spayed. A couple more next month. Money’s kinda tight right now.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Where are you getting the cats spayed and neutered? Most spay/neuter clinics will also give the cats a health check. Something like a tail injury could be examined and treated while he's being fixed, if need be.

If he's not neutered his urge to go out and get into fights will be much higher. Please keep him in until he's been fixed. I know he's going to complain about it, but every time he goes out his chances of getting badly injured in a fight/being exposed to FIV, FeLV, Rabies, Distemper, Fleas, Worms etc increases.

Does your spay and neuter clinic give you coupons for cheaper surgeries?

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Good to know he is doing fine. Also thank you for taking care of this fella. You have a good heart.

Just some further note without being critical or anything, please note that all my cats were semi-feral / feral before and were rescued off of the streets, including my previous fosters. Now they are all doing well and fine strictly indoors, although it took some time for them to get used to being confined inside the house. I made a small catio for them by the window, so they can breath fresh air and at the same time ensure they are safe. I live in a small apartment but they seem content laying by the window and watch movements outside. They are much safer that way.

I have seen cats intentionally being driven over, thrown rocks at by kids, shot at, etc. I have seen cats (and dogs) that, due to extreme heat in the summer, just collapse in the middle of the road. It is heartbreaking everytime. My point is, when our pets get out of the house, there is no guarantee that they will ever return or in one piece if they ever return. Just something you can also consider. :)

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can only spayed the females at this time due to financial constraints. Right now the male cats have to wait until im done taking in the girls to get them fixed first. I know you guys gave good advice and i really appreciate them.

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Where are u located? The US has free feral spay and neuter clinics you can use to fix them faster.
Also why is it cheaper to spay the females? That surgery takes more time and is more complex than a male neuter. Male neutering is a 1-2 day down time while a female spay is about 2 weeks if not more.
Also if he is not fixed he is out making more kitties. I promise you that. Just adding to the issue you are trying to take care of yourself. I would recommend keeping any unfixed animal inside. After he is neutered he will integrate to being an indoor cat much easier.

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It isn't cheaper but boys don't get pregnant. I absolutely agree that females should be done first if money is tight, in almost any circumstances.
Yes but he worded it in a way that made it seem spaying females is cheaper. At least that’s how I read it. I know different countries charge different things and whatnot. That’s why I was curious.

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im getting the girls fixed first bc they can get preggo and the number of boys are 2x more than the females. The free clinic in my area only have few openings and they get gobbled up very quickly.

Btw im in Houston. Do you guys have a strays problem where youre at? It’s prevelant here :(

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There are strays everywhere unfortunately. I think America isn’t even that bad compared to other parts of the world.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 278950
I need someone with a pair of eagle eye to tell me if this look like someone took a lighter to my cat? About two days ago he came home with this. When I went to touch his tail it seems a bit tender. Doesn’t look like a knot to me. Has anyone cat been thru this? Hope not but I could use some advice thanks!
I would take to vet.And thats one way u can find out for sure.And it can b documented.I would definitely start keep cat inside.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Took him in and the vet said he never seen anything like this before. Said it look like someone dipped his tail in super glue which made it very hard. He also said if I could narrow down the time when this happened then I can ask my sub for camera footage and hopefully it was caught on tape. The problem is he was AWOL for two days and we only have CCTVs in the opposite ends of our streets. He also said to keep my cat indoor for the time being, just like someone here suggested.
Why kind of psycho we have now adays?
Keep cat inside Please:alright: