Does This Kitten Have Fever Coat?

TransDino

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This kitten isn't currently mine, but will be adopted from me when he/she is old enough. My friend's outside cats had a litter of different colored kittens and this one my friend wants me to have. She said the fur texture was different than her other kittens and cats, and personally I've never seen a coat like this. I tried looking it up on google but came back only with Fever Coat. I don't/won't mind it he/she has Fever Coat, but my curiosity took over me and I'd like to know if his/her coat will change to probably pure black in the future.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all, what a cutie! :redheartpump:

It looks like fever coat. Since the mother was an outdoor cat, it may be hard to know if the mother had a fever or had stress problems when she was carrying the litter. If you have looked it up, I suppose you know those are the causes of fever coat. If it is fever coat, then the cat will lose the lighter color and probably be black. Keep us updated!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TransDino

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll definitely keep you updated once I get this adorable kitten.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TransDino

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

This is the kitten and he's a boy. I've named him Luka. He seems small for his age, when i feel around his body it's only bones until his stomach which is big and I'm suspecting worms as he was with a feral mom. (Or he just didn't get enough food from his mom) He is feeding so that's good. He's getting his premolars so he's around 4-5 weeks. I'm going to bring him to the vet tomorrow morning. His fur feels wool like and is so thick to the point I can't see his skin if I try to part the fur.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Must be fun to pet with that thick fur! It sounds like he could have worms, which as you say, would not be surprising. Good he's going to the vet tomorrow. He is pretty young at 4-5 weeks. Your vet may have some advice about his feeding and care. If this is your first young kitten, you could start a thread asking for advice on the Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care

Kittens are lots of fun! Enjoy it before he grows up!