Does This Incision Look Normal At 7 Days?

Mokocchi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So it's officially been a week as of today since I got my 6month old kitten spayed! I've been so worried because I haven't been able to keep her at bay 24/7 when it comes to being active. She's a hyper girl. I was so afraid because two days or so ago her wound got a big lump and I thought there was something wrong.

It seems to have shrunk, but now it looks like it's really dry and there's a lot of yellow color and I hope that doesn't mean infection. The incision was held together with medical grade glue.

Does it look like there's something wrong or is she healing properly?

First Day vs Now

20180310_002819-1.jpg

20180316_034234.jpg

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
From the photo it looks fine. As long as there is no redness, swelling or weeping from the wound I wouldnt worry. The lump is just part of the healing process and normal.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Looks good to me, too. I know how we worry, but remember that feral cats are often returned to their colonies the day after surgery, and it is very rare for them to have issues.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when you say a lot of yellow color, what do you mean by that? If there is drainage, or yellow liquid from the incision that will most likely be an infection. The second photo kind of looks like drainage, but its hard to tell.
If any question on whether or not its infected i would have the vet check her out. I had one that had a lot of problems, and she was a hyper little girl, so i would rather take her by the vet for a check and be safe. Im a bit of a worry wart about this, i know. But my girls site didn't look that bad, just not quite right. and there was quite a bit of infection. She never slowed down a bit, so you cant go by that.