does proden plaque off work ?

crazypetlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi I had my persian oliver to the vets yesterday for a check up and he was in perfect health except very slight problems with his teeth that wasnt bad enough to treat but suggested brushing his teeth as the shape of his jaw may mean dental issues in the future. I did a little research but got confused on whats best for cat dental care, I got some plaque off today and not used it yet, heard good things about it but does it actually work ?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Proden Plaque Off is mentioned in one of our dental articles here --> http://www.thecatsite.com/a/what-tcs-members-use-cat-dental-health-care I personally have never used it so cannot comment on the product.

I use gauze pads. Wrap on my finger and then rub the teeth. I have been quite negligent in doing so lately though. :slant: The gauze pads really do work to get bacteria, food, etc. off the teeth.

Last edited:

lizzimi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a cat who has stomatitis. She only has her front teeth left, which were fine when her other teeth were taken out but now they were in bad shape too. I mix the plaque-off into her wet food and it has helped a lot. She stopped drooling and her mouth is less inflamed. It says it takes like 4-8 weeks for results to show but I noticed an improvement pretty quickly. I recommend getting it, I got a 6 month supply on amazon for like $16 so it's a lot cheaper than getting dental work done!

nora1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just bought this today and am going to start it with my kitty. She's almost 3 and I've noticed some yellowing, and tarter build up. Did the OP have any results??

(I realize this is an old threat, but there isn't anything more current that I could find :) )

philbnv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I am also interested in the results the OP found.

I read some reviews on Amazon and my concern was regarding a review that alluded to this stuff contributing to crystals and UTIs. My cat is a UTI cat and is on Hills CD with also d-mannose.

So I was just wondering if any other folks using this have any insight regarding long-term use and crystals.

Thank you.