Does playing hide and seek encourage aggressive play?

JavierG

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Myself and the kitten sometimes lately have been playing a sort of hide and seek, where I look to sneak up on her and just peek at her, she responds by seeking me out and stares at me. If I shift to the other side of the couch she respond in turn. If I move back she moves forward like this.
I notice she really gets into this there is no physical contact but at times it’s like we are stalking each other. Was wondering if this is a bad game to play

I know about not wrestling with hands etc but curious about this. She actually comes up to me to initiate play like this, it is fun. It’s actually interacting with her in a way That is somewhat different than chasing a ball or string. But don’t want to inadvertently train her to stalk the kids or Will down the road result in anggression. Any thoughts?

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It has never encouraged any aggression with my cats. They will run over to me, sometimes meow and then usually run off for their turn to hide.

Occasionally Magnus does the softest Boop with his paw to one of us.

Calcifer does sometimes sneek on us and the hop sideways at us before running off. He does boink in to us at that time. (His side or bum hits my leg)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JavierG

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank You all! I personally really like this game as it is really a way to see the kitten thinking and actually interacting with me. So glad it’s an ok game.