Does my siamese cat look too fat?

ap4lmtree

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feed him two wet foods a day and dry food at night

82 calories - half of tiki cat velvet food
51 calories - half of tiki cat aloha chicken and pumpkin -- she usually eats just half of that
48 or 24 x 2 calories of treats -- two times a day of treats -- i guess that is 2 much -- that is about 4 feline greenies dental, 4 purina dentalife, 4 cat temptations
123 calories -- 1/4 tiki cat dry

so 304 total calories per day.

I guess that is too much , right?

how many calories should i give her each day? and how much for weight loss for a while?

Attachments

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many calories a day also depends on things like activity level. But on average, it's said to be around 200-250 calories per day for an adult tabby. Are you sure of your calculation or did I misunderstood. You have written "123 calories -- 1/4 tiki cat dry", is quarter portion really that high in calories?

I think you have too many treats. I would get rid of the ones that aren't dental treats and give maximum 2-3 dental treats a day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ap4lmtree

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
okay, new diet i think:

54 - 1/3 of tiki velvet that is 82 whole
51 - half of tiki cat that is 102 whole
18 - which is 3x times a day of 3 dental treats so 3x 6 calories
61 calories -- so that is 1/8 of tiki dry instead of 1/4
so that is 184

for 8 siamese pounds, she is supposed to hvae 221 calories day, , and i think she looks like she has 10 pounds, i will have to get a scale.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. You should try to find out what he weighs now so you can monitor his weight loss over time. And, I wouldn't cut his calories from 304 to 221 all at once. A safe recommendation would be about 10% reduction at one time. So, maybe take it down to about 273 calories for a week, then weigh him again and see what he weighs. He really shouldn't lose any more than about 4 oz week - about a pound in a month at most. The next reduction could be from 273 to 245, and so on. A gradual reduction like this also will help him get used to the reduced food over a period of time.

Here is a post from another thread with a chart about gauging what his body should look like vs. being too heavy or too thin.
1599498507936.png