Does My Kitty Have A Uti?

hayleyshaye

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i noticed earlier today that my kitty had a little bit of a difficult time peeing, he eventually did pee and i didn’t think much of it because i thought it was because i needed to clean the litter box, sometimes when the litter box is too “dirty” for him he acts like he’s gonna pee and then doesn’t. as soon as i cleaned it he peed though so i thought everything was fine. but he was licking himself and i thought maybe his little man parts are swollen?? i don’t think it’s usually exposed this much or is this pink or visible. do you guys think it’s swollen or he has anything wrong with him? i’ll put w couple of pictures here. other than what i mentioned he seems to be acting normal so it could be just me being paranoid.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hayleyshaye

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
oh wow actually as i typed this i checked again and the “swelling” i thought i saw is gone now :lol: maybe it’s was just because he was licking himself it puffed out like that. this is how it looks now hahaha sorry if that’s tmi!!

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Bless your heart for being so attentive to your kitty! Can you set up a second litter box?

Does he have at least one water bowl, cleaned daily, rinsed well to get all the soap off, and filled with fresh water daily (filtered if you can)? You can also add a little water to his canned food.

If this happens again, be sure and talk with your vet, and thank you for being careful :)