Does my cat’s spay incision look healthy?

Winifred2022

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, on May 11th my kitten got spayed. The vet told my parents and I all the information about how to help her healing process. I am always listening to the vets and following their advice but my parents do their own thing and follow what they feel is right for the cats, however this cat is MINE. I’m at work full time so it’s hard to monitor if my parents are following the healing procedures for her. They started to take her cone off and will monitor when she licks herself however it seems she had licked her incision a few times already.

This morning I asked my dad to send me a photo of how her incision looks, and it looked fine. Then later on when I got home from work I saw her today licking the surgery area. I immediately looked at her belly and saw almost pus like liquid at the top and a ball of what also looked like pus at the bottom of the area. I used saline solution and a cloth to dab the two spots and nothing came onto the cloth, I did that for about 1-2 minutes. The bottom area is what interests me the most.

I washed my hands really well before gently touching the bottom part I was concerned about and it felt like a firm ball. I’m not sure what colour suture the vet used to see her up but I’m wondering if that might just be it and not pus.
I’m a ball full of anxiety, I need second opinions please!!

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, can you talk to the vet, describe what you saw at the top that looked like pus and tell them how you handled it, and send this picture?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winifred2022

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m calling my vet tomorrow, they’re closed right now. I’m about to send them an email with the photo