Does my cat need to see a vet for this

rdsiebel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He started with some small scabs in January. It progressed to get worse. It seems to be getting better as of late though. Seeing as I'm a truck driver I only get home every few months so I couldn't get him looked at. I'm going to be home for a few days and wonder if people think I should take him to the vet for this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rdsiebel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That what my fiance said. So I'll see if I can get him an appt while I'm home.

furfur

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you tried putting some creme on it in the past? The vet IS your best bet only because if its something that has festered over time, it may end up becoming a costly visit. Cats dont complain much and will normally eat, drink and poop ok even if they have a boo boo. If they are sicker, you will know it. The become lethargic and lose weight. Good luck, good buddy!!

jdollprincess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It looks like feline acne. The vet should be able to give you some ointment for it. In the meantime get rid of any plastic dishes and switch to metal or ceramic. Plastic food and water dishes can sometimes cause feline acne or make it worse.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rdsiebel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Took him to the vet. It was feline acne. They gave me medicated wipes for him. Started using them on his chin. Will have to try and limit his exposure to plastic. He loves it and tries to eat it every chance he gets. Thanks for the responses.