Does my cat know I'm afraid of her?

racky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
About 10 years ago I had an "incident" with a cat that left me terrified of them.  I refused to turn my back on one or really be around them.  Enough time has passed that I felt it would be OK to adopt, which my husband and I did.  I sometimes still feel a bit nervous around our new kitty, and sometimes won't turn my back just because of old memories from what happened before.  I know some animals can sense fear.  Do you think cats are like that?  Does she know I'm afraid of her at times?  My husband says she can sense my fear and that's why she messes with me so much (scratching and biting, but not viciously).  For the most part I'm totally fine around her, but sometimes I just get a bit nervous.  Wondered what your opinions are on if they can sense fear in someone.

xxreadyornotxx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cats can sense fear for sure that is why she/he is goofing with you by biting gently and pawing you and gently scratching she/he is trying to show that she/he will not hurt you. Trying petting her and cuddling her for a starter and if you feel comfortable enough trying picker he/him up.