Does my cat have some oriental in her

Bowling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you think my cat could have oriental in her DNA, she is very slim with long legs and straightish nose. Thanks for any help !
20230627_145340.jpg
20230627_145315.jpg
20230627_145221.jpg
20220604_194451.jpg

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She sure could, but it may be pretty far diluted since she does not have 'points' (dark muzzle, tail, and legs) or blue eyes. All my cats that had oriental in them had a different feel to their hair and a slight odor, not unpleasant, but on my other cats they had no odor at all. But your cats long legs and large upright ears do point to Oriental somewhere. Her coloring indicates a Turkish Van with a colored tail and head, but they are stockier in build. All my Oriental cross had a VERY talkative nature, were stubborn, and people oriented too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bowling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh she is very, very vocal and super friendly. Her coat is very short and soft and silky ike a rabbits.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It depends a little on where you live... In some countries almost all their moggies has such a vague oriental - alike looks...

that said, its fully possible she may have an Ancestor. Either an oriental or a siamese old type.... These breeds are near akin... And of course a siamese children mixed out isnt no longer a pointed cat.... Could be the daddy, but I would sooner guess on granddad.

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Could do a DNA test? I had a cat who was very long limbed and had that downy "rabbit" fur too. I just called her a supermodel! Her coloring was white with tabby patches.

Bowling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her proper name is Stellar, but we call her Madame because she's so outgoing and bossy to the other cats! She has a 9 day old kitten x

Bowling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It depends a little on where you live... In some countries almost all their moggies has such a vague oriental - alike looks...

that said, its fully possible she may have an Ancestor. Either an oriental or a siamese old type.... These breeds are near akin... And of course a siamese children mixed out isnt no longer a pointed cat.... Could be the daddy, but I would sooner guess on granddad.
We live in Marlborough, UK.

Ava Kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She looks like she may have Flame Point Siamese in her. The best way to find out for sure is a DNA test. Which I plan to do with my Ava.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe its the angle but I'm not really seeing the oriental look.

Unrelated but love your home. Huge exposed beams, must be an older home.

Bowling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol that's okay, it is old. 16th century thatched cottage. It's 10 minutes away from Wolf Hall, the home of Jane Seymour, Henry VIII third wife xx

Pixelation624

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have four Orientals at home and I'm not seeing it. I would be very surprised. She's a beautiful cat though. Could definitely have some classic Siamese in there, especially if she's a talker!

Bowling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have four Orientals at home and I'm not seeing it. I would be very surprised. She's a beautiful cat though. Could definitely have some classic Siamese in there, especially if she's a talker!
Oh she's a talked alright, she talks all day and all night!