Does my big boy Bugsy look like he has any Russian Blue in him?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bugsypawsey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,
We got Bugsy from a rescue 2 years ago. He is 8 now. He has the softest fur with the silver tips on his gray fur. He has ghost strips on his tail that you can see in the correct lighting. He is very sensitive. I sware he gets tears in his eyes if we have to raise our voice to him for scratching the couch. He lets us pet him anywhere. He rolls over on his back and purrs. He weighs about 18 pounds. He loves his food, and knows where it lives. He can do a few tricks like sitting on command and sitting pretty for treats of course! He has beautiful green eyes. We think he is going to talk to us one of these days. He loves loves loves to be as close to his daddy or me his mommy. I call it touching me watching you.
He loves to sleep under the covers!
He has to be near one of us always!
He has the black nose and mauve pads.
He is so sweet and gentle.
He is not afraid of anyone that comes to visit. He loves the attention.
He loves his sister Pawsey a 20 pound Maine Coon. She does not love him so much :(
He is very territorial of us too.
He also sleeps funny on his back like he is broken. But he's not.

So I will post some pictures. Let me know what ypu think?
We love him!
Thank you!

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh wow Bugsy is gorgeous :heart3:

I love his beautiful green eyes :D

I see that he has some white patches, one one his chest and one on belly. This means he's not full purebred as Russian Blues don't have any white at all.

I'm no expert on Russians but a couple of our members are as they own some of this beautiful breed. mservant mservant StefanZ StefanZ hopefully when they come online they will be able to help more.

Beautiful boy ;)

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I see that he has some white patches, one one his chest and one on belly. This means he's not full purebred as Russian Blues don't have any white at all.

Oh, they CAN have occasionally white patches, but it makes immediately pet quality of them.  I know myself one leading breeder, who do have one neutered boy with such medalion on his chest.  Yes, his role in her breeding programme is to be a companion and a friendly uncle...  :)

I suppose you can call Bugsy for a pet quality RB.   although if he really is a RB, we cant know.  there are quite a few Maltese cats around, and some of them are good look alikes of a RB.

Good luck!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Bugsy is a very handsome cat!  He has a wonderful expression to his face and the whisker pads would be the envy of many a fine pedigree Russian Blue. 
  Sadly I agree with Gems Gem that Bugsy will not be pure bred Russian Blue, and his body and limbs are of a more stocky nature as well as the white patches in his fur.  He is a very fine cat though, and his coat looks to be lovely and thick.  His loyal nature, liking to be near you together with his sweet and gentle nature give you a companion much like a Russian Blue by the sound of it, and this fits with what many on the site here describe of their blue / gray cats.  The name given to mostly gray cats who do not have a specific cat council certificated pedigree is Maltese, and Bugsy looks and sounds like a lovely addition to the Maltese cats here on TCS.

I love all you photos here as they give a great opportunity to see some of Bugsy's personality as well as how handsome he is - thank you. 
   I hope to see and hear lots more of him.

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not know about what breed  Bugsy is but he is one gorgeous cat .. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@purball  , Scooby is a big, handsome blue boy.  He's got a very cute face. 
     ​How old is he? 

Is Tilly similar colouring or very different?  The two girls I had previously were brown tabbies but their brothers were both blue, one solid and one blue and white.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bugsypawsey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Scooby is adorable! Thank you for sharing! I love looking a photos and seeing personalities in them as well! Our 2 cats are a riot and make us laugh everyday!