Does her vulva look normal after birth?

Castosaur

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She gave birth to what I think was her last kitten over three hours ago. I never saw her pass the last placenta so I’m worried she never passed it. I’m also worried that there’s too much blood down there. I saw a piece of the placenta sticking out a while ago but I don’t see it anymore. All three kittens seem healthy. This is her first litter(and last). I’m a little scared. Does everything look in order down there? I can get better pictures. She’s acting normal, walking around, using the litter, sleeping with her babies.

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you have access to any decent vet? Mail these pics to himher...

It doesnt even need to be YOUR vet... But as long you think that vet answers questions -

It looks messy, it does.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It doesn’t look good. If she hasn’t passed the last placenta she may need a vet to give her a shot of oxytocin to stimulate contractions to expel any leftovers. She is at risk of infection if material is left inside.

How many kittens did she have?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Castosaur

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It doesn’t look good. If she hasn’t passed the last placenta she may need a vet to give her a shot of oxytocin to stimulate contractions to expel any leftovers. She is at risk of infection if material is left inside.

How many kittens did she have?
Okay so, right after this she had another kitten and passed the last two placentas. She now has four healthy babies!! She’s healthy too, we got her a work up and they said everything looked good but if she had any problems they said to bring her straight back. So far everything is good!