Does He Have Rabies?

sabrinamehereen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My brother found a blind kitten a couple of days ago. He had diarrhea but that was just the first day. The diarrhea got better. And the next few days was okay. He was eating well. But now he’s drooling like this. It started about 40 minutes ago. I google what it could be, and the signs point to rabies. Does he have rabies? I would take him to the vet but everything’s closed in my country for holidays now. So any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

ms688

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
did he possibly eat anything unusual or lick anything foul tasting? i don't know much about rabies but i know my cats will foam like this when something nasty gets in their mouths. wishing you luck in this though <3 thank you for treating baby with love

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sabrinamehereen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don’t think he licked or ate anything weird that could cause this. He’s doing it consistently. He’s foaming at the mouth and kind of freezes, then stops for a while and started again.
Anyways thank you for ur reply

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is he showing any other weird symptoms, like being aggressive? Did he have any bites on him when you found him? Rabies is transmitted through bites, so if he doesn't have any bites, or evidence of bites, it probably isn't rabies. But it could be an URI, or issues with his mouth, or it's possible he's just really, really happy and is drooling because of that. One of mine drools like crazy whenever he's getting petted.

BTW, there is no way to test for rabies without taking a sample of their brain during an autopsy :eek2:, but a Vet could check for any other health issues, which is a good idea once they get off holiday.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sabrinamehereen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There weren’t any bite marks. He is not aggressive either. Now I think he’s having seizures. He’ll like froze up for like a minute and drool. Then he’ll be back to normal for like 5 mins then it’ll happen again. He’s having episodes.
He Is eating. Yeah, I’ll get him checked for something else when the vet opens up. I wish I could post a video here, then u could see the situation.
anyway, thanks sm for ur reply. Much appreciated.

Is he showing any other weird symptoms, like being aggressive? Did he have any bites on him when you found him? Rabies is transmitted through bites, so if he doesn't have any bites, or evidence of bites, it probably isn't rabies. But it could be an URI, or issues with his mouth, or it's possible he's just really, really happy and is drooling because of that. One of mine drools like crazy whenever he's getting petted.

BTW, there is no way to test for rabies without taking a sample of their brain during an autopsy :eek2:, but a Vet could check for any other health issues, which is a good idea once they get off holiday.