Does anyone use Wholehearted minced canned cat food?

DB89014

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all, has anyone here used Wholehearted minced canned cat food? I recently decided to try it and it is very soupy inside. At first I thought it was good there was so much liquid as it would help with hydration however after looking a little more closely it almost looks oily. Any insight would be appreciated

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
While trying to find a wet food the cats will eat, we tried this. I think the beef one specifically. It smelled awful, like lead to me. We stopped getting it x.x I don't know, just didn't get a good vibe from it.

Started buying Weruva instead and the cats like that a lot better. The weruva hydrating pates are great and what we feed for Jasper, who has uti issues!
Tiki is also great but they snub it after awhile /sigh

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DB89014

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ThAnk you I was trying to find a less expensive food to supplement the Wellness I give them. It certainly adds up with 4 cats but I can give the Weruva a try

chelsmarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you are looking for a less expensive option Tiny Tiger from Chewy isn’t horrible, I’d rate it similarly to Fancy Feast.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes I've tried several oh the Wholehearted foods. The mince is definitely watery and oily. One of the pates makes me gag when I open it lol.

Their Soulistic foods are very similar to Weruva but a lot cheaper.

Tiny Tiger is definitely easier on the senses and my cat likes it even better than the Wholehearted thankfully!

DB89014

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay great I will look into those thank you all. The whole hearted pate is gross lol its so hard to get the mush out of the can

Krienze

Super Cat
Purraise
ThAnk you I was trying to find a less expensive food to supplement the Wellness I give them. It certainly adds up with 4 cats but I can give the Weruva a try
I have six now! I feel you x.x

Weruva was one of the brands I found that was great for both Sammy's weight issues and for Jasper's UTI's.
It helps that my other cats also like it.

DB89014

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You must have your hands full but it makes for a fun household lol

DB89014

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
God bless you lol I ordered the weruva to start so well see how they like it as they're getting older they seem to be getting Pickier but their eating has slowed down a bit when they were babies I feel like they were always starving

Krienze

Super Cat
Purraise
God bless you lol I ordered the weruva to start so well see how they like it as they're getting older they seem to be getting Pickier but their eating has slowed down a bit when they were babies I feel like they were always starving
Mine tooooo!

Like it's a fight to get them to finish their food. I think it's cause they just want dry all the time -_-