Does anyone use a robot litterbox? Do you like it?

wafflesnomnom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just watched the Litter-Robot review from Floppycats on youtube, and it looked interesting but larger pee clumps had a hard time getting stuck. Do you guys like yours?  

(0------------0) <-- Waffles made this by stepping on the keyboard as I was trying to type this, so clearly he doesn't think it's a good idea! LOL

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have one of these but my daughter does.  She loves it.  She said it took awhile for one of her cats to gather the nerve to use it, but that was the only problem.  

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

I just watched the Litter-Robot review from Floppycats on youtube, and it looked interesting but larger pee clumps had a hard time getting stuck. Do you guys like yours?  

(0------------0) <-- Waffles made this by stepping on the keyboard as I was trying to type this, so clearly he doesn't think it's a good idea! LOL
I'm not sure (0------------0) counts as a detailed review 

You can find detailed reviews by TCS members here - 

http://www.thecatsite.com/products/category/automated-litteboxes

Anyone replying, please add your opinion as a review as well! Thanks! 

kori1978

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I loved my litter robot! (It needs to be sent for repair, ran like a charm for 8 yrs) I do have one cat that would not use it. He will not use any covered boxes. As long as you use a very low dust fast clumping litter it is a serious time saver. That being said I would definitely get one again.
I tried another brand that sends the waste up a ramp. It needed repair 3 times in its first year. The idea was great but the hardware couldn't handle the job.

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a Litter Robot II.

Literally, until this past weekend, it's been great.  Only problems are:

1. It keeps cycling when the tray is full, so if you forget - have fun cleaning smeared poop off the dome.

2. The cats kick litter out the front and I have to keep a vacuum handy so my bathroom floor stays a bathroom floor rather than sandpaper.

3. I'm told the front panel with the buttons isn't waterproof, so if your cat intends to pee in the box, but somehow gets it on the panel - it could cause electrical corrosion.  My issue finally failed due to electrical issues, but probably not from this because my cats (to my knowledge) have pretty good aim.

4. I'm not sure if it's the garbage bags I buy, but I always feel like I'm really teetering on the edge of what's possible getting them to stay in the tray's slots.

5.  Did I mention that it smears poop on the dome?  That's kind of a biggie for me.

Other than that it's really great though - or was until it died the other day.  The only reason I saw this thread was because I came here to ask if anybody has tried the new version (the Open Air one).  What a coincidence.  I have a back issue, so cutting down the number of times I have to deal with the litter is HUGE for me.

All in all, I recommend one.  Keep in mind it's kind of big, and the new one supposedly is even bigger, but it DEFINITELY cuts down on odor compared to other automatic boxes, and even regular boxes (unless you constantly scoop multiple times daily).