Does anyone like horses?!!

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
does anyon out there LOVE horses?!!
I go horseriding regularly and would love a horse, sadly, I can't have one right now

has anyone out there got a horse? if so, talk about it!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love horses but I don't have one unfortunately

I have only ridden a few times too, but I loved it every time. Horses are so beautiful!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As seems to be the norm with girls, our daughter loved horses and riding. We part-boarded a horse for her which enabled her to have a horse 3-4 nights per week and she had weekly lessons. I spent a lot of time with the horse as well and he was wonderful. He was a large Canadian Trekaner (not sure of that spelling) and he was like a big dog. He would beg for an apple or carrot whenever we came in and while she was grooming him I would be just standing there talking to him and he would lick my neck - yuck!

Next to cats, I love horses best, then dogs, then . .. .

luvmyhorse780

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 5 of them. Don't what my life would be with out them. we started out with just one a mare that we call Granny she is 15 years old then my hubby bought Rocky his 3 year old and I got Tuffy shortly after He is a spoiled little turd..LOL then my brother brought his two to us Diamond and Tricky. Tricky is an ex race horse She won 3 championships but fell ill and could no longer race. She is 14 years old now. I will put a link on next post with pics of my other babies.

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love horses... and I have one. She's a 14 year old Thoroughbred mare that I bought last year... she's the love of my life, next to the dogs and the cat of course, and I can't forget the chickens :p

sea witch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hey Hissy, your link isn't working.

here are my two...

the 22 year old

the 12 year old (on June 15th)

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have 5 of them.
A Leopard Appaloosa- Schout- about 30 yrs
A Buckskin- Billy- 25 yrs
A Copper colored Appaloosa- Happy-13 years
An Arab colt-Rebel- 10 1/2 months
An Appaloosa colt- Renegade- 11 months

They are big spoiled treat junkies!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ohmy I am so jealous!!!

i had a horse when I was younger but then we moved to the city

I would love a horse now, I would love my daughter to grow up with one but property with land where we live is so expensive. It still is my dream which Chris (DH) is aware of. We were going to move to the country this year and we agreed that we were going to get 1-2 horses but unforunately this move fell through.

I am still dreaming and still hoping that one day it will happen...

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first hubby and I used to raise Throughbreds and Quarters, he also trained them for running, We did that for about 12 years, at last count we had 22, that was about 12 or 13 years ago when he passed away I just couldn't do it all, I alway's loved them raised alot of foals had lots of winners,and enjoyed it, but I wouldn't do it again
to much work now..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
poor you
at least you're lucky enough to get the chance to move and have horses

i would love one, but I can't have one yet

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to ride when I was younger.... 4H and everything. I even did shows a little. I never had my own, we part leased one for 3-4 days a week from my girlfriend who had 6 horses. I loved it. And wish I could still do it... those rock hard thighs I used to have have somehow turned into blubber...

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Horses are my favourite animal, although I've never had one. I've been riding on and off since I was little, and they were the first animals that truly inspired me. The best time I've spent with horses was at a therapeutic riding stable, where people with disabilities learned how to ride. I was responsible for taking care of the horse most of the time while being in the arena. I have so many happy memories at that place. I made many, many friends; human, equine, feline, and canine. But it was the horses that made me unafraid and more experienced around them, and they taught me so much. I am grateful for my time spent with them, five long, beautiful years with "my" horses.

I haven't ridden for a long time, but one of these days I hope to get back in the saddle!

And one of these days I want to get a horse of my own! My cousin's girlfriend has a BEAUTIFUL grey arab gelding. His name is Joey, what a hunk!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had horses when I was a child. Unfortunately after I grew up, I no longer had the means or the land to own a horse. I used to go riding every day, even when it rained. My horse was so gentle with me, that I could lay back on his back and take a nap. He was a great friend to me. I miss him so much.

Horses are my favourite animal. I love cats, but I love horses more. In fact I always wished I could have been born a horse. They are the most beautiful creatures on earth.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always loved horses since I was little. I finally got one, I have had him for a year and a half. He is a 5-6 year old standardbred gelding. Nikadeamus is such a sweet and gentle boy, my three year old rides with me, and helps brush him, and he is always careful of her.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have loved horses since I was born! My absolute favorites are the draft horses, particularly the Fresian. I will own one someday. They are beautiful. I like the really huge draft horses too and Arabians.

Here is a Friesian if anyone is wondering what they look like. They are commonly used in medieval faires and to pull carraiges. Well that is when I usually see them. Look at that gorgeous wavy main and tail and the feathering around the hooves. Man they are the most beautiful animals ever.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like horses? I LOVE EM!!!

I am at total peace anytime I am around horses. I have only been riding for 2 years, started western-had to switch trainers and no one wanted to teach wester so I changed gears and started jumpers. I have always loved horses, I have never owned my own, YET. After I am out of college and on my own feet you better bet I will have one, or more!

I got it bad, my dad calls me "Pony Girl." Haha.