Does Anyone Know What This Cat Is Like?

Frazer&Barney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi There,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place (I hope not) but I have looked around on various places to see if this cat is “like” one or more breeds. We were adopted by one a few years back until her owners sadly rehomed her. We were more than a little sad that she had gone but we weren’t strictly supposed to have her (rented house, she went to a lovely place) and long story short, we thought she was a cross that we couldn’t identify and that was it. Now we have seen another one almost identical and it’s even worse because we just aren’t quite in the right place for a cat and we don’t want her near roads. The fact that we have now seen two makes us think it might be possible to adopt one or 10 .. :) one day soon
Any help would be so appreciated!!

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Frazer&Barney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh and we have a few hundred more pictures in case ;) our “adopter” a few years ago had no tail and really looked as if she never had one, but her recent doppelgänger does have a tail :)

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She is a tortishell domestic shorthair.

Shes a cutie. To explain more, domestic is the breed any cat of unkown hertiage is called with the hair length as a definer. Her coloring is tortishell which simply put is black and orange mixed coloring.

She does appear to have a flatter face so she may have one of the flat face breeds in her background, like Persian. Or may just be how her genetic mix expresses itself. Edit, or like pointed out below a rounder face like British Shorthair.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She’s pretty! I would describe her as a tortie Domestic Shorthair. I think her closest breed lookalike would be British Shorthair, because she has a wide face and thick fur.